By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is this even a reason to get banned?

Lately I was banned for posting an image I found on another forum. I thought it was funny so I shared it here on Vgchartz, to my surprise axumblade banned me: "You are receiving this message for violation of forum rules regarding Trolling (The "xbox 360 has no games" joke is getting old. ) [Post Reference] Please review the forum rules here to avoid future moderation action. Banned: 7 days"

In no way did I imply that xbox 360 had no games. In no way did I try to start an argument or flame. My intention was just simple: posting a funny picture. How can you even classify this as trolling??

Ironically, the guy who posted that picture on the other forum was not banned.

Around the Network

Was the picture offensive? Was it constructive? Was it relevant?

These are important factors.

RolStoppable said:
Yes, posting complaints in the forum instead of sending PMs to mods is a bannable offense.

As for the complaint itself, you only have to blame your posting history. Also, you have been pretty busy during the weekend in question, so this was more or less just a sample post that got you banned. There were probably a dozen reports concerning your posts flying in.

I had a chat with the mod in question but he didnot reply back.

Sooo... when another guy with no posting history posted the picture, he would not get banned? Doesnt make sense, since the reason clearly stated I was trolling and implying 360 had no games. Are you saying the other guy would not be implying the same thing?

Jay520 said:

If you believe pics of Masterchief in different positions is offensive. You even said the pic was hilarious.

The picture was a "leaked" photo of Microsoft's roster for their take on the Cross Fighting Genre, and it featured an entire character selection scene of Masterchief in different poses.

Pretty funny actually, but you've created a reputation for yourself. You can only get away with stiring the pot so many times before mods have had enough.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Jay520 said:

If you believe pics of Masterchief in different positions is offensive. You even said the pic was hilarious.

OH THAT PICTURE! That was indeed hilarious! But yeah, considering your history, I would have banned you as well.

What picture? Post it again so we can all see it!

Funny how Ive created a reputation, my post average is 1 per day.

a 7 day ban is for repeat offenders isn't it? that should tell you enough..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

RolStoppable said:
Turkish said:

I had a chat with the mod in question but he didnot reply back.

Sooo... when another guy with no posting history posted the picture, he would not get banned? Doesnt make sense, since the reason clearly stated I was trolling and implying 360 had no games. Are you saying the other guy would not be implying the same thing?

The other guy posted on another forum. But anyway, no posting history would be an advantage over your posting history.

I believe the content of my comments in no way flame or troll any company or console. I didn't know funny material could be this sensitive here.

Regardless, both forums are gaming oriented, there shouldn't be this big difference in moderation between the 2. Its pretty harsh to ban someone  for 7 days over a stupid picture.