By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - California named worst state to do business, Texas best.

Eight years running for both of these states. You go Cali, wooh! 

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-california-worst-state-20120502,0,461178.story

Around the Network

that is quite surprising, surely new jersey and Michigan (mainly Detroit) would be worse than California. Maybe its not so golden any more

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Just too much politics and taxes to do business in Cali.

In other breaking news, the sky is blue and so is hatmoza's ass.

The same thread on Gaf is hilarious xD. But of course vgc doesn't have such a huge circle jerk.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
In other breaking news, the sky is blue and so is hatmoza's ass.

Maybe if you didn't spend so much up his ass, you'd forget that fact xD

It doesn't help that they have a severe water shortage. They did it to themselves. Liberals...

sperrico87 said:
It doesn't help that they have a severe water shortage. They did it to themselves. Liberals...

For 8 years...? 

Whats the point of this post? Do wish to point out that California is not the best environment for business executives? If you are, I think its logical since California has been a very progressive state for a while. As I Californian I understand that businesses pollute; hence we tax them for it. I also believe that large corporations (that can afford it) pay reasonable wages and benefits to all its employees.

I think a whole thread can be made on one of those two points alone. But I wont bore you with it.

The point I want to make is: If business executives are the ones rating the states, It makes sense that they would rate any place very low where they need to be more responsible to its workers and state residents.

Yes there is probably a lot of "the red tape" that conservatives talks about, but why do you think it exists? Its not because businesses have always been honest and the government just needed become a "big brother" and spy on them. "The red tape" are agencies/policies that monitor and ensure that these companies don't take advantage of the law. Meaning that some company/corporation in the past screwed up so much that the government/state had to make a damn law to stop others from doing it again.

TadpoleJackson said:
The same thread on Gaf is hilarious xD. But of course vgc doesn't have such a huge circle jerk.

I imagine it's something like the box art of Doom, with GAF's lone non-lefty as the space marine.