By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch dies at age 47

damn just told my boss and she got real upset :( sucks to hear this. may he rest in peace

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

I was in elementary school when I first heard of the Beastie Boys. The bus driver would let us play a cassette on the way to school if we were quiet and their album was one of the more popular ones (letting us kids listenin to "Brass Monkey"--wow. Ms. Ellison, you should be ashamed of yourself!). Somebody started a rumor that the Beastie Boys had died back then. It really bothered me.

My cousin and I were the only fans of the "Paul's Boutique" follow up album in our neighborhood. When they did "Sabotage" in the 90's, it was over. The guys exploded.

Sorry to see MCA pass. They were my first exposure to white rappers and, while they weren't lyrically amazing, their style, passion, and success was pretty awesome. We openly accepted them into the hip hop world. They weren't trying to be something they weren't like Vanilla Ice. That's what made them real.

RIP, Adam Yauch.

I was never a fan,but this is still kind of sad and unexpected.

RIP MCA

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.