By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do people buy multiple identical consoles?

Replaced my sony's cuz they broke, speaking of consoles/replacements, does anyone buy skins for their consoles???

Around the Network

Never owned more than 1 of any "console" - handhelds are different though. Have gone through 3 PS2's, but that is due to faulty drives more than anything else.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Kwaad said:
z64dan said:
Shane said:
Quote boxes suck under Firefox!

Right up - we don't all use IE, you know!

This is why I have turned agianst nintendo. The Wii is just starting it for the home consoles.

No it's not. You find any remotely plausible reason to jump on the Nintendo hate wagon. So far from your past posts you have about 97 reasons to hate Nintendo, and they are all different, yet every time you post those inane comments of yours, whatever reason another poster gives is always the reason you turned against Nintendo (and frequently twisting words out of context to suit your purposes - are you applying for a top Sony exec position?).

Of course, you don't count the gimped PS3s (no PS2 chip) sold to PAL, right? And obviously, when Sony comes out with a 200GB model they will be viewed in your eyes as the second coming of the messiah.

Which version are you? The 20GB, or 60GB Sony Fanboy? Will you be upset when they release the 200GB Fanboy, or will you upgrade?

We own 3 360's(We had to buy 5 so far to get 3 working ones). We use them as media center extenders. I have one PS3 atm but plan on getting a 2nd.

dpmnymkrprez said:
Hus said:
Munkeh said:
I only got new PS2's when my old one's broke

dude.

you rent a PS2 from blockbuster and switch the insides.

Ha Ha, that is funny, wait a minute......Thats a good ide lol

Yep.

my brothers buddy was a technition, dude always had the newsest model.

lie they say, its whats on the inside that counts.

Around the Network

You're smart, I didn't knwo that PS2s were available for ranting in the US (UK?), I don't think that's legal in France or no company do that maybe... But man, I don't think I'll ever bother replacing the inside of a console :/ Or maybe just for the $600 PS3!

windbane said:
Hus said:
Munkeh said:

dude.

wow, that's probably why they stopped renting them. can you still rent consoles?

I don't think you ever could in the UK, anyway, I wouldn't want to mess around inside a console. The way I did it was to buy a big bundle, then sell the extra games

add me

your mother said:
Kwaad said:
z64dan said:
Shane said:
Quote boxes suck under Firefox!

Right up - we don't all use IE, you know!

This is why I have turned agianst nintendo. The Wii is just starting it for the home consoles.

No it's not. You find any remotely plausible reason to jump on the Nintendo hate wagon. So far from your past posts you have about 97 reasons to hate Nintendo, and they are all different, yet every time you post those inane comments of yours, whatever reason another poster gives is always the reason you turned against Nintendo (and frequently twisting words out of context to suit your purposes - are you applying for a top Sony exec position?).

Of course, you don't count the gimped PS3s (no PS2 chip) sold to PAL, right? And obviously, when Sony comes out with a 200GB model they will be viewed in your eyes as the second coming of the messiah.

Which version are you? The 20GB, or 60GB Sony Fanboy? Will you be upset when they release the 200GB Fanboy, or will you upgrade?

In all likely hood they are gonna be able to upsample their PS2 games. The American version might not get that option. If they dont, I might actually look into selling my PS3, and get this. IMPORTING. That gimped PS3 your talking about.

Will I be upset when a 200gb unit comes out? No. I have a 60gb unit. And when the price drops on HDDs, and I get some cash, I will upgrade to probibally around 250-300gb. (6months to a year out)

OH wait, you didnt know you could just pop a new notebook HDD in there did you? Once agian, it looks like you are wrong in at least 2 of the 3 things you said. Wanna stop trying to make me look bad, while your the only one wrong?

Just becuase I can, here is a link to the 200gb HDD I could buy and put in it for 160$...

And if I was willing to *sit* the PS3 on a 'enclosure' I could put this 750gb HDD and hook it up to the PS3. Wanna hook a 750gb HDD up to your Wii?  

Moral of the story. The PS3 is open to what you can use. The 360 and Wii are NOT. The PS3 will take off here somewhere in late 2007 early 2008. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Hus said:
dpmnymkrprez said:
Hus said:
Munkeh said:

dude.

Ha Ha, that is funny, wait a minute......Thats a good ide lol

Yep.

my brothers buddy was a technition, dude always had the newsest model.

lie they say, its whats on the inside that counts.

That's hella messed up, Hus.

In other news, you can do the same thing with scratched games. Just rent the sucker, switch discs, and BAM! problem solved. Extra points if you go back to the store and complain that the game was scratched. you might be able to get a free rental out of it

unfortunately Game rental shops generally have special version of their games (with different prints on the discs, as well as stickers and stuff

at least, they do over here. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!