By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else here picked up a HTC One X

I got my HTC One X a fortnight ago and have been mighty impressed with it upgrading from my HTC Desire.  I just wondered if many others on the board had picked one up and can anyone recommend any apps/games.  I've just ordered a stylus today for it to further improve my Draw Something skills (which naturally improved due to the screen being closer to the surface of the phone). 

Has anyone picked up the car dock and can give any thoughts as I'm in two minds about paying the premium unless it's a real quality piece of kit.

For anyone considering the device I was somewhat concerned about the battery life after reading reviews but have found it to not be an issue for me with the device lasting a full day easily with my usage which is currently more than I ever used to use my Desire.  The screen quality is excellent, the 32GB internal storage is plenty for most users and extremely quick, you can literally scan to any point in a HD movie file and the playback is instant, no seconds of lag.  The sound quality is very good and the camera is simply stunning for a mobile phone.  All in all I've been very impressed and the only criticism I have is it can be a slippery little thing taking out of it's pop up pouch.  Ice Cream Sandwhich is awesome too btw.

Around the Network

I am sure going to miss having a proper battery life when I move to a smartphone... when 1 day is considered good battery it kinda shows them up. Like comparing GameBoy's 20+ hours to 3DS at 4 or 5 hours (though I believe GB used normal AA batteries so it's probably not a great comparison)

Getting the One S tomorrow! I'm kind of locked with T-Mobile..... sadly.......

TWRoO said:
I am sure going to miss having a proper battery life when I move to a smartphone... when 1 day is considered good battery it kinda shows them up. Like comparing GameBoy's 20+ hours to 3DS at 4 or 5 hours (though I believe GB used normal AA batteries so it's probably not a great comparison)

You get used to it to be honest, it's not like we don't have enough places to charge our handsets these days.  I would also highlight that if you turn off wifi and 3G and use the phone frugally you will get 2-3 days use out of a charge if necessary.  To be honest you kill the battery because you do use the phone so heavily due to how much more you can do.

Let us know what you think NintendoPie, it looks a great handset!

slowmo said:

Wellllll... I just saw this picture on Engadget that suggests that the Samsung Galaxy Note is coming to T-Mobile... (http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/24/samsung-galaxy-note-for-t-mobile-spotted-in-the-wild/) Well, this is kind of awkward with me saying I'm getting it... and now I'm not too sure If I want to get it. :/

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
slowmo said:

Wellllll... I just saw this picture on Engadget that suggests that the Samsung Galaxy Note is coming to T-Mobile... (http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/24/samsung-galaxy-note-for-t-mobile-spotted-in-the-wild/) Well, this is kind of awkward with me saying I'm getting it... and now I'm not too sure If I want to get it. :/

Not awkward in the slightest, it's crazy is the mobile market and people's minds are constantly swayed as it's a big decision potentially tying yourself to the same device for 2 years these days.  I'm glad I got my device when I did or I may have been tempted to hang around till the start of May to see what Samsung would be offering with the SIII lol.

slowmo said:
TWRoO said:

You get used to it to be honest, it's not like we don't have enough places to charge our handsets these days.  I would also highlight that if you turn off wifi and 3G and use the phone frugally you will get 2-3 days use out of a charge if necessary.  To be honest you kill the battery because you do use the phone so heavily due to how much more you can do.

True I know, the advantages greatly outweigh the disadvantages, i'm sure I'd be on the net all the time with my own... but a day should really be a minimum unless you are playing games on it. I'm certain I wouldn't have much problem if it lasted the day because like most people I am home at the end of the day, so can charge it then, but my uncle's iPhone for example ran out about 5 hours after charging it the last time I saw him.

slowmo said:

Not awkward in the slightest, it's crazy is the mobile market and people's minds are constantly swayed as it's a big decision potentially tying yourself to the same device for 2 years these days.  I'm glad I got my device when I did or I may have been tempted to hang around till the start of May to see what Samsung would be offering with the SIII lol.

Yeah. XD I need to make a decision now though!

TWRoO said:

You use it all day and plug it in when you go to bed. Then it has a soft glow as a deskclock/alarm clock and recharges and wakes you up in the morning.

I have no reason for it to last more than one day, ever.

NintendoPie said:

If you are an artist and really enjoy drawing... then get the note.

If you are not, get another phone.

I have the Galaxy Nexus and frankly its a gift from god.

The One X seems like its a really good phone from reviews and such, so I'm sure its pretty cool too.

You could buy a new GNex from Google directly that would work on tmobile for $400 or a used one (GSM Unlocked) on Ebay for quite a bit less.

Additionally, the Samsung Galaxy S3 (which will be best on market easily) will be out within a month according to rumors. So it kind of depends on your upgrade time frame and patience.