By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Highest Grossing Films Of All Time: Elimination Game - THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING WINS!

SecondWar said:
superchunk said:
SecondWar said:
This why I usually avoid threads like this, as the final results table is usually quite distorted (IMO), with (in this case) some of the better films ending up much further down the list than they really deserve to be, and lower-quality films lasting longer as they usually go unnoticed. For instance, I could never say that any of the Spiderman films are better than The Dark Knight, but a load of LotR lovers slaughtered it.

+Inception
-Spiderman

lol... yeah that's what happened.

Think I posted before saying the feeling was mutual. Can never remember why I was so keen to see those movies, as I usually got bored fairly quickly.

I was being sarcastic. LotR fans had nothing to do with TDK removal.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
SecondWar said:
superchunk said:
SecondWar said:
This why I usually avoid threads like this, as the final results table is usually quite distorted (IMO), with (in this case) some of the better films ending up much further down the list than they really deserve to be, and lower-quality films lasting longer as they usually go unnoticed. For instance, I could never say that any of the Spiderman films are better than The Dark Knight, but a load of LotR lovers slaughtered it.

+Inception
-Spiderman

lol... yeah that's what happened.

Think I posted before saying the feeling was mutual. Can never remember why I was so keen to see those movies, as I usually got bored fairly quickly.

I was being sarcastic. LotR fans had nothing to do with TDK removal.

I could tell, still didn't really impact on what I said. Last time I came into this thread that was basically what appeared to be happening. Reason number 2 why I try to avoid these thread, I get worked up when one of my favourite films gets eliminated and I start ranting.

You should change the wait time to 1 Hour.

NintendoPie said:

Its still 3hrs right now, right?

superchunk said:
NintendoPie said:

Hmm?? I don't get what you are saying...

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
superchunk said:
NintendoPie said:

I haven't read every page recently as I wasn't really on during the weekend. So, is the rule of when you can vote still 3hrs or is it longer/shorter... nvm.. I guess I can just hit the OP.

pezus said:
No, do not change it. They are all on the brink of extinction. Doing that would be unfair now.

That's a good point. The playing field is rather equal right now.

superchunk said:
NintendoPie said:
superchunk said:
NintendoPie said:

I haven't read every page recently as I wasn't really on during the weekend. So, is the rule of when you can vote still 3hrs or is it longer/shorter... nvm.. I guess I can just hit the OP.

It's still 3 Hours because MBP doesn't want this thread to end.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King     
$1,119,929,521    9
2 The Lion King   
$951,583,777 13
3 The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers  
$926,047,111 8
4 Jurassic Park $914,691,118 8
5 The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring $871,530,324 17
6 Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith $848,754,768 15
7 Inception $823,576,195 8
8 Spider-Man $821,708,551 4
9 Spider-Man 2 $783,766,341 17
10 Star Wars IV: A new Hope   
$775,398,007

The Two Towers  

-  The Lion King  

pezus said:
Should do it like archbrix does it for the final 5-8 movies imo, because then s. chunk and his gang can't outvote everything in one stroke

I haven't done anything since TDK was out. That was my secondary goal and critical for my primary goal.