By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Need for Speed film franchise potential?

Which Need For Speed game series should be used in the first film?

Original Need For Speed (Classics) 0 0%

Hot Pursuit 1 50.00%

Underground 1 50.00%

The Run 0 0%

Carbon 0 0%

Shift 0 0%

Most Wanted 0 0%

Undercover 0 0%

ProStreet 0 0%

Other (Mention in Thread) 0 0%

Total:2

So we now see EA is heading into film much like UbiSoft started. Hoping that film and TV can help boost brand recognition and help EA sell more software. EA is getting John Gatins writer of the script for RealSteel is pencilling the script. Several film companies are interested including front runner Paramount but WarnerBros and Sony are also interested. Many see Need For Speed as the answer to Fast and Furious film franchise. The intellectual property has tons of potential any of the need for Speed games could potentially be the driving force behind the film. The films sequel could use another Need for Speed title.

Which actors do you want to see in the film? , which film company Warner, Sony or Paramount? Is their a specific director you want to see? Which game do you want to see used in the first of the films? Should the film franchise use all of the games in future sequels or should the film franchise stick with a single Need For Speed game series?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

I can honestly say that I don't want this to come to fruition.

Fast and Furious is a ok franchise, and it got lucky with that, NFS would just be horrible most likely...

Why would they make this movie? All I can see is it being a copy of The Fast and the Furious. I don't think it would do well either as anybody not into the game series would see it as a knock-off. IMO