By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one worried about the future of Wii U?

as a Nintendo fan i wanna thank u for not being an ass hole like other people out there, i think u have great points but the problem is that with nintendo you will never know what to expect, is hard to predict the future of a console when the company or companies (this apply to Nintendo, microsoft and sony) have a lot of experience, sure they aren't perfect but they always deliver a great product.
for me this next gen is going to be weird lol. What am going to say is based on my experience and what i observed. when people say sony and microsoft have the "hardcore" audience, they maybe right, but that doesn't means the hardcore rule the market, let me explain better with an example, the 360 and ps3 sales are about to reach 70m each but that doesn't means that in the world there are 70m people with 360 and another 70m with ps3. this generation stands out from the other because this generation made us all buy more than one console, i for example have wii,ps3 and 360. my friends bought the 360 and a wii but they got the rings of death so they change to ps3, the ones that gave the 360 another chance bought another one. what am going with this is that at the end of this gen you will have 2 or 3 xbox360 a wii a ps3 or maybe more lol.
actually what am worried about is not nintendo, is microsft and sony, because am pretty sure next gen people will only get or the durango or the ps4, and between this 2 consoles there is nothing different (so far), in software the most relevant difference is halo and uncharted. if the wii u is powerful enough to support next gen games am sure it will do great.
nintendo will survive because they have the biggest fan base, and that maybe sounds "fanboy" but its true, and what people is saying that microsoft now owns the casual is bullshit, everyone knows what a wii is, but not everyone knows what kinect is.
sorry for the english...

Around the Network

Before E3, my worry meter was 10%, after E3 it went down to 5%...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!