By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Captivate Announcements Thread: T-minus -20 minutes?

VicViper said:
theprof00 said:
Roma said:
theprof00 said:
If capcom doesn't bring mh4 to vita, I will create a petition to urge gamers never to buy capcom games retail. :D
There's 6m MH fans out there. Let's see how Capcom is diggin' their brand strengthening after THAT lol.

I know it's probably useless.
Though I personally will never buy capcom retail ever again.

The Vita is fucking made for MH. If one were to look at a Vita and ask, what was this system designed to do, the answer would be "play MH that way it's meant to be played".

I think these people are more MH fans than Sony fans. I mean it’s a third party game and you can’t expect it to remain exclusive to one platform forever

Yeah because MH fans are thrilled about this

They better be, it's their only choice!

BTW do you believe Vita MH 4 (if there's one) will sell more than the 3DS game?

Single handedly. Probably everyone in Japan who bought one was expecting MH.

Around the Network

It seems most companies (including MS and Sony) are having nintendo personalities of
withholding their big secrets till E3 where they can release their big guns cuz if you noticed
this period last year, news for games was flowing consistently from 3rd parties, MS and Sony
apart from ninty before last year E3.

theprof00 said:
Roma said:
theprof00 said:
If capcom doesn't bring mh4 to vita, I will create a petition to urge gamers never to buy capcom games retail. :D
There's 6m MH fans out there. Let's see how Capcom is diggin' their brand strengthening after THAT lol.

The Vita is fucking made for MH. If one were to look at a Vita and ask, what was this system designed to do, the answer would be "play MH that way it's meant to be played".

I think these people are more MH fans than Sony fans. I mean it’s a third party game and you can’t expect it to remain exclusive to one platform forever

They have showed that they are willing to move to other platforms to play it. They are excited for the game regardless of the platform, also the 3ds has that virtual dpad too. It will come to the vita for sure, but not soon giving its situation right now. For capcom right now the 3ds is their best choice...maybe the ps3 too.

A couple of points:

1. I think the comments about RE6 on the WiiU included a "not at this time" disclaimer:
"Unfortunately, RE6 will not be available at this time on the Wii U," Kobayashi told us. "Right now we're concentrating on the PlayStation 3 version, 360 version and the PC version of the game."
http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1222650p1.html

This may also have to do with the date for the RE6 being moved up to early October -- before most leaked/projected WiiU release dates.

2. Sony's losses doubled the projections - 520B Yen ($6.4B USD). It may not have the funds to battle in both the console and handheld arenas -- at least with the same buying power it had in the past. Given that it has been a market leader in consoles, it may just want to see what the Vita can do on its own. In other words, it may not be willing to pay developers for games (as it reportedly has done in the past).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

spurgeonryan said:
That was bullsit about Resident Evil 6! Although since resident evil mercer and revelations did mediocre on the 3DS I cannot blame them. Still is a let down for now.

Since when is selling more than half a million copies doing mediocre?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
VicViper said:
theprof00 said:
Roma said:
theprof00 said:

They better be, it's their only choice!

BTW do you believe Vita MH 4 (if there's one) will sell more than the 3DS game?

Single handedly. Probably everyone in Japan who bought one was expecting MH.

No way I expect that. I believe there'll be a Vita version for sure, but to me no way it'll sell more than the 3DS version. I also believe it would be matematically impossible, since I think 3DS first week will be bigger than Vita's installed base at the moment.

Especially if it releases as an exclusive.

Nem said:
spurgeonryan said:
That was bullsit about Resident Evil 6! Although since resident evil mercer and revelations did mediocre on the 3DS I cannot blame them. Still is a let down for now.

Since when is selling half a million copies doing mediocre?

We are talking about capcom eaverage expectations. but i think they will consider it more disapointing than medicore, considering its the first RE on handheld.

mike_intellivision said:
A couple of points:

1. I think the comments about RE6 on the WiiU included a "not at this time" disclaimer:
"Unfortunately, RE6 will not be available at this time on the Wii U," Kobayashi told us. "Right now we're concentrating on the PlayStation 3 version, 360 version and the PC version of the game."
http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1222650p1.html

This may also have to do with the date for the RE6 being moved up to early October -- before most leaked/projected WiiU release dates.

2. Sony's losses doubled the projections - 520B Yen ($6.4B USD). It may not have the funds to battle in both the console and handheld arenas -- at least with the same buying power it had in the past. Given that it has been a market leader in consoles, it may just want to see what the Vita can do on its own. In other words, it may not be willing to pay developers for games (as it reportedly has done in the past).

Mike from Morgantown

or the wiiU isn't powerful enough to get a port RE:6.  :P

..but seriously.  i think nintendo has an embargo set up.  i i'd bet we won't hear about a signle wiiU game between now and E3 officially.

spurgeonryan said:
Nem said:
spurgeonryan said:

Since when is selling half a million copies doing mediocre?

Yes, I am sure they absolutely love those sales! Wish everygame could sell just a half a million. You are saying they are great, or just good?

I'm saying they arent mediocre, thats for sure.

Revelations was what? The 5th best selling 3DS game? Certainly its not as terrible as you made it sound.

Its not a home console release. I'm pretty sure Capcom made good money with it, and its still selling. It was also released on the first year of existance of the system.I think thats pretty good numbers for first year, and im sure capcom planned the game around it (potencial market), wich  makes it quite a good sales number.

pezus said:
Nem said:
spurgeonryan said:

Since when is selling more than half a million copies doing mediocre?

Since it was a resident evil game

How does that make any sense?

You're comparing a portable first year release with home consoles with years of installed userbase with the latest technology.