By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The (un)official MotoGP 2012 Thread - 3rd Race: Estoril

Here it is: Estoril!

http://youtu.be/0ftG9qm5vZ4?t=43s

This race was also know (at least here) as the 4th Spanish Grand Prix, but now that there are 4 GPs in Spain, would it be the 5th?

Some random facts: After the 3rd place at Jerez, Pedrosa has 99 podiums. Will he get the 100th at Estoril where he win last year?

This weekend also marks the 10th anniversary of Lorenzo's 125cc GP debut and his 25th birthday (04/May)

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Qualifying is over, and these are the first rows of each category:

Moto 3: 1º- Cortese, 2º- Mav. Viñales and 3º-Oliveira.

Moto 2: 1º- Marquez, 2º- Luthi and 3º- Redding

MotoGP: 1º-Stoner, 2º-Pedrosa and 3º-Crutchlow with Aleix Espargaro being the first CRT.

Unfortunately during in MotoGP DePuniet has crashed with Colin Edwards, who has broken his left collarbone, making him unfit for tomorrow's race.

Who are your favorites for tomorrow?

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Races are about to start!

The first one will be Moto 2, followed by Moto GP and with Moto 3 being the last one.

This is the last time that MotoGP comes to Estoril, let's hope the races are fun. That'd be a good way to say goodbye to a track that has given us many good moments.

Summary of yesterday's races:

Moto3- The race started as usual with a much as a dozen riders in the first group, although the fights for the position were soon aparent with Cortese and Viñales fighting for the first spot, with Khairuddin and Salom fighting for the 3rd place and another 4 riders, including Fenati, fighting for fifth. Fenati took the worst part as he was involved in two incidents that forced him to retire. The fights for 1st and 3rd with several overtakes, continued until the last lap, were Cortese and Salom and Vazquez won their fights. The podium was for Cortese, now the leader of the championship, Viñales and Salom, with Khairuddin 4th and Vazques 5th.

Moto2- Just as the first two races, the fight for the top spot involved 3 riders: Espargaró, Luthi and Marquez, this time joined with Zarco and Iannone, who soon left the fight after going into the gravel, although he could made it back to race and joined the second group that fighted for fifth. Soon after that, Zarco found himself unable to follow the pacing of the other 3 and lost ground. Something similar happened with Luthi, who after leading the race during several laps was relegated to being third, while Espargaró and Marquez fought for the win until the last lap, where after several overtakings, Espargaró made a mistake, leaving the victory to Marquez. The podium was Marquez, Espargaró and Luthi, with Zarco fourth and Iannone fifth.

MotoGP-In what seems to be the patern that we'll see during the whole championship, the fight for the victory was a matter of 2: Lorenzo and Stoner, with Pedrosa as the wild card that can either win or be a priviliged spectator of the fight between the other two. And Estoril was no exception to this, albeit this time Stoner was stronger (since Friday), and didn't give a chance to the others. Meanwhile the fun was for the fight for fourth with Dovicioso and Crutchlow, while Bautista was alone riding in the sixth position and Rossi, Spies, Bradl, and Barbera fought for the 7th. In the CRT group, Espargaró was first and leads the CRT championship.