By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 exclusivity confirmed - Not Kamary :)

I'm sure Europeans will probably get a better kick out of this game then us who call it Soccer (pardon the pun)

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/archives/2008/01/11/football_manager_2008_for_360.html

"SEGA Europe Ltd. today announced that Football Manager 2008 for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft will be hitting stores in Spring 2008. Football Manager 2008 is the next chapter of the renowned Football Manager series developed by BAFTA winning studio Sports Interactive Ltd. The latest console version of Football Manager will be fully updated for the new season, including transfers being made in the mid-season transfer window, allowing players to select their favourite club or international team and guide them to the title.

While retaining all the depth and realism of the record breaking PC version, the Xbox 360 version also features revamped online play to the PC game via Xbox Live, permitting you to challenge friends to one-on-one matches and even host tournaments. "

Ok, so its also on the PC, but so are 3/4 of 360 exclusives

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Being on PC=not an exclusive.

Also, Soccer FTL.

---------------
The Board is the best site on the Internet.

Lanceuppercut said:
Being on PC=not an exclusive.

Also, Soccer FTL.

Yeah, who cares about soccer?

Oh, that's right, only Microsoft's most critical market.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

dammit.. another title spelling mistake.. KATAMARY!! not KAMARY... I'm an idiot

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

...ok is it an actual soccer game?....or do u just manage a soccer team?

Around the Network

Last time I checked the Football Manager series has always been exclusively on the Pc and Xbox 360 (since 2006). There was a portable version released for the PSP though.

Well, the series was already exclusive to 360/PC/PSP, so I don't think anything has changed. And the game hasn't sold a million on a single platform since 2k5, in which they only made the game for PC. It's a pretty small deal, isn't a change from the status quo, and it fails to undermine Sony's position. In other words: "meh."

You do not have the right to never be offended.

This game has a serious hardcore fanbase in europe, but why the hell would anyone play a text-based management game on a console?

RolStoppable said:
It's just a football manager game, nothing to get too excited about.

Now if Microsoft could manage to get FIFA or PES exclusively on their system for even only a single year, that would be big news.

They did already, FIFA 08 and PES 08 are the first of its kind on PS3

MS really needs any edge it can get to ensure it can beat Sony in Europe. It has NA and will not lose that territory to the PS3, but if it loses Europe then PS3 will eventually pass the 360 globally.

2nd place is going to be an interesting fight.