By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top Game Developer of all Time, (Irrational is the winner!!) - ....VG Chartz user's are f***ed (me included)

@IIIIITHE1IIIII

I may be stubborn but the childish, vindictive down voting of SEGA as some sort of retaliation is enough to keep me here.

PS. Your concern that I may get an extra vote against Nintendo shows that you are taking this too seriously.

Around the Network

But...but...this is my point...

You know what? It probably would be easier to get a shotgun and take this thread outside and end it humanely

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

bouzane said:

@IIIIITHE1IIIII

I may be stubborn but the childish, vindictive down voting of SEGA as some sort of retaliation is enough to keep me here.

PS. Your concern that I may get an extra vote against Nintendo shows that you are taking this too seriously.

Yeah, I am the one being childish. You started with your Nintendo downvoting bullshit and then you say that you hate Nintendo fans? I would upvote lots of other developers if it wasn't for your votes.

I am not taking this thing seriously at all. I am taking your attitude seriously though. It's sad hearing your reasoning.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
bouzane said:

@IIIIITHE1IIIII

Yeah, I am the one being childish. You started with your Nintendo downvoting bullshit and then you say that you hate Nintendo fans? I would upvote lots of other developers if it wasn't for your votes.

I am not taking this thing seriously at all. I am taking your attitude seriously though. It's sad hearing your reasoning.

Woah now, just calm down there. No need to let him rile you. It's obviously his plan...

As you said, it's not serious anyway

Conegamer said:

You know what? It probably would be easier to get a shotgun and take this thread outside and end it humanely

I know this is a generalization but Nintendo fans often come across as the most self absorbed and pompous of all video game fanboys. I'm just sick of them declaring Nintendo as the greatest developer as if it were fact. I see Nintendo like Disney, a great developer that happens to appeal very well to children. What confuses me however is how their games consistently get handed such lenient, criticism free reviews and bloated scores. I'm not knocking Super Mario Galaxy and Ocarina of Time but the fact that these games have metascores of 97 and 98 percent is a mystery to me.

Nintendo fans have been known to ballot stuff polls as evidenced by this:

http://www.crispygamer.com/features/2009-12-11/game-of-the-decade-championship-round.aspx

Seriously, 1,454 ballot stuffed to the point at which Super Smash Bros. Melee beat out Half-Life 2? That's like Toy Story 2 beating the Godfather, a gross insult to the medium as a whole. I'm glad that site had no time for their bullshit.

@IIIIITHE1IIIII

Oh dear, it looks like I struck a nerve. I down voted Nintendo once and I was immediately met with:

"Damn you for killing off my last 3 posts in what i have been building >:( . I will take Sega down in my next post"

"I'll leave Sega alone as soon as you stop attacking Nintendo"

This thread allowing multiple votes a day invalidates it in every conceivable way. I'm simply going to continue voting against Nintendo because I feel that they are the most overrated developer in existence. No need for personal attacks or hurt feelings, it doesn't really matter. Maybe if Nintendo fans didn't immediately team up and form this vindictive plan to down vote SEGA as some sort of retribution against me I might have voted against Bungie or Capcom but that's not going to happen now.

Around the Network

Nintendo

Blizzard  98
Square-Enix 86
Retro Studio 97
HAL Laboratory 105
Sony Santa Monica 100
Bioware 101
Epic Games 100
Naughty Dog 92
Insomniac 92
Platinum Games 97
Capcom 28
Bethesda 79
Valve 108
Rockstar 89
Bungie 103
Maxis 100
Dice 97
Visceral Games 100
Shin'en 99
Tamsoft 100
Atlus 97
Sega 82
Ensemble Studios 100
Codemasters 100
Lucasarts/Lucasfilms 101
Microprose 100
Origin Systems 100
Irrational 100
Intellegent Systems 101
Treasure 101
Piranha Bytes 88
Cing 70
Monolith Soft 96
Eidos Montreal 91
Studio 4C 100
Gust 97
Alphadream 100
Grasshopper Manufacture 97
Gamefreak 100
From Software 97
CyberConnect2 91
Media Molecule 88
Quantic Dreams 91
Kojima Productions

+ Nintendo

- Sega

Conegamer said:

Woah now, just calm down there. No need to let him rile you. It's obviously his plan...

As you said, it's not serious anyway

I'm not letting him rile me. Like I said, it's sad to watch.

I do appreciate your concern though

bouzane said:

@IIIIITHE1IIIII

Oh dear, it looks like I struck a nerve. I down voted Nintendo once and I was immediately met with:

"Damn you for killing off my last 3 posts in what i have been building >:( . I will take Sega down in my next post"

This thread allowing multiple votes a day invalidates it in every conceivable way. I'm simply going to continue voting against Nintendo because I feel that they are the most overrated developer in existence. No need for personal attacks or hurt feelings, it doesn't really matter. Maybe if Nintendo fans didn't immediately team up and form this vindictive plan to down vote SEGA as some sort of retribution against me I might have voted against Bungie or Capcom but that's not going to happen now.

You can't blame me and every Nintendo fan for the bolded. That's one guy.

It is all about returning fire though. You are willing to downvote Nintendo to the grave for some personal reason and I wanted to make peace because this is supposed to be an unserious competition for fun. You're taking out the fun of the competition and therefore I'm taking out you.

bouzane said:
Conegamer said:

I know this is a generalization but Nintendo fans often come across as the most self absorbed and pompous of all video game fanboys. I'm just sick of them declaring Nintendo as the greatest developer as if it were fact. I see Nintendo like Disney, a great developer that happens to appeal very well to children. What confuses me however is how their games consistently get handed such lenient, criticism free reviews and bloated scores. I'm not knocking Super Mario Galaxy and Ocarina of Time but the fact that these games have metascores of 97 and 98 percent is a mystery to me.

Nintendo fans have been known to ballot stuff polls as evidenced by this:

http://www.crispygamer.com/features/2009-12-11/game-of-the-decade-championship-round.aspx

Seriously, 1,454 ballot stuffed to the point at which Super Smash Bros. Melee beat out Half-Life 2? That's like Toy Story 2 beating the Godfather, a gross insult to the medium as a whole. I'm glad that site had no time for their bullshit.

@IIIIITHE1IIIII

Yes, it is an over-generalisation. But I see your point of reasoning. However, those games are actually great games and deserving of those scores (see- pretty much any best games of all time list). Nintendo does have a large following, and, as such, have some people who take things to the extreme. And that annoys me, and probably any other self-respecting Nintendo fan. But, again, it is only one small faction, and showing your frustration through the thread which attacks Nintendo, as opposed to the Nintendo fans, isn't the right choice.

I agree with everything else, though. Especially the bolded. But I've already made...4 (?) posts in this thread explaining my position on this. I don't think we need another one.

@The1- NP; though comments like 'it's fun to watch' don't make things any easier...

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
bouzane said:

@IIIIITHE1IIIII

You can't blame me and every Nintendo fan for the bolded. That's one guy.

It is all about returning fire though. You are willing to downvote Nintendo to the grave for some personal reason and I wanted to make peace because this is supposed to be an unserious competition for fun. You're taking out the fun of the competition and therefore I'm taking out you.

Actually, it was two forum goers, not one. Also, I down voted Nintendo a single time before this petty, personal and underhanded campaign against SEGA started. I would have gladly voted against Capcom and Bungie but after a single vote their was a conspiracy to vote against SEGA. The response to my original vote was what removed the fun from this thread, my responce is simply reciprocating the behavious of others. I would be perfectly content with ignoring this altogether but I'm simply taking it out on nintendo's fans because of their childish antics. I did not escelate this into a fight, but I damn well have no intent in turning the other cheek.