By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

supermario128 said:
theprof00 said:

I asked you why the items are confusing. You have shown no reason why you said that other than, "it's non-standard". A mug is not a glass, but serves the same purpose. Is a mug confusing?

That comparison makes no sense to this game. Obviously you use a glass for water/ juice/ soda and a mug for milk/ coffee/ hot chocolate. :P I think you are taking what I said a bit too far and trying to find something odd about it when there simply isn't. Items are not usually part of a mafia game. That is what I am trying to get at. OK?

theprof00 said:
The rules specifically states that items are not player bound, and yet you failed to mention that, which is really the key point I'm getting at. You don't even seem to know the reason for it being confusing.

What? I never said they were player bound. I didn't really say anything about them besides acknowledging that they exist...

radishhead said:
This is starting to feel like the Prof lynch bandwagon- I'm not normally the one to say it, but why don't we stop for a minute and try to do some actual scum-hunting?

In my experience, your first vote is more of a joke vote than anything else. Nothing is really meant by it, but I am surprised we got so close to lynching someone before everyone even had the chance to post in the thread. Obviously, everyone wants to do "scum hunting", but on day one it is a little harder to do with nothing to go on.

Enough with the jibber jabber,

What is confusing about items? "They are items, thus are confusing", is not a good answer!

And no, you didn't say they were player bound. To clarify, you didn't say anything about the items at all. The confusing thing about items is that they are NOT player bound, meaning it's possible that people's roles will change! THAT is confusing. Yet you didn't seem to realize that! I wanted to see if you understood why you said what you did, and with the bad answer you gave me, it makes it look like your original post was just mindless chatter.

This makes me think:

a) you were not thinking, and simply parroting other players who said "twist" and "odd"

b) you have a role that allows you to take items, hence why you called the items confusing without pointing to the rules.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Well folks, I'm gonna be off for the rest of the day and most of the weekend. I hope to comeback with tons of stuff to read!

Everybody stop posting now: I don't want Truck to feel that prolonged silence is exclusive to his game!

On a more serious note, I don't suppose anyone is familiar with frankenfran's pattern of activity? I see he almost never posts, but he's the last person who hasn't checked in yet, and I was wondering how long we should expect to wait for him.

Thank you.

Vote: prof

Never trust the French

spurgeonryan said:
Wow! Lol, franken got right down to busines.

On a side note the prof must either not think very highly of his character or he has a powerful weapon if he was willing to start a vote train on himself.

I didn't start a train on myself! Trucks did!

Around the Network

Screw quotes...

One it would be odd if Stefl made a table of 11 players, excluding FF after he had given him a role. And two there's no way he rerolled everyone after correcting the table. You guys go ahead and do whatever you want about FF, but I'm not going to suspect him anytime soon.

I put prof at L-1 momentarily, and had I not refreshed before posting, moreno could have voted without noname's unvote and it would have been a hammer instead. There was a 2 minute gap between their votes as has been mentioned.

Yay radish is going to follow a game of Mafia that he's playing in. I didn't mention this last round as to why radish wasn't targeted night one, but most scumteams aren't going to kill him because he's prone to rash hammering and/or not making good cases against mafia. That doesn't mean he should be lynched as a liability, but good townies need to recognize his shortfalls.

I suspect the better items are player bound for what it's worth. The non-player bound items certainly should be interesting though.

Lynchee L-6 L-5 L-4 L-3 L-2 L-1 Lynch
theprof00 supermario
 final-fan franken

supermario128 linkz            
radishhead noctis prof trucks        

Vote history:

theprof00 votes theprof00
noname2200 votes Stefl1504
TruckOSaurus votes theprof00
noname2200 votes theprof00 and unvotes Stefl1504
supermario128 votes theprof00
spurgeonryan votes RolStoppable
spurgeonryan unvotes
Final-Fan votes theprof00
noname220 unvotes
morenoingrato votes theprof00
Linkzmax votes theprof00
Linkzmax votes supermario128 and unvotes theprof00
theprof00 unvotes
NoCtiS_NoX votes radishhead
theprof00 votes radishhead
TruckOSaurus votes radishhead and unvotes theprof00
morenoingrato unvotes
frankenfran votes theprof00

Oh, holy mother have mercy, what gruesome events are transpiring in the Arena! Just now there was someone throwing a chainsaw towards... Uhh, what? Please don't disturb me up here please. You want me to turn off the mic? Okay but just for a second *some clunky-noises are heard and then the voice of the moderator appears dampened* You want to do what?... Um... okay?... Yes... right now?... Okay, just gemme a sec. *clunky noises again, the voice of the moderator is loud again* Dear Spectators! I'll be back in some minutes, please bear with it!

Linkzmax said:

Screw quotes...

One it would be odd if Stefl made a table of 11 players, excluding FF after he had given him a role. And two there's no way he rerolled everyone after correcting the table. You guys go ahead and do whatever you want about FF, but I'm not going to suspect him anytime soon.

I put prof at L-1 momentarily, and had I not refreshed before posting, moreno could have voted without noname's unvote and it would have been a hammer instead. There was a 2 minute gap between their votes as has been mentioned.

Neither of these conclusions make any sense to me, although I think I could fill in some of the gaps for the second part. In either case, start at the beginning, tell me what you understand are the facts, and walk me through your thought process.

No thanks, it's clear enough as is

Linkzmax said:
No thanks, it's clear enough as is

No, it really isn't. What are you worried about, Linkz? If things are so clear, it shouldn't be at all difficult to explain.