By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

RolStoppable said:

But that doesn't make any sense. Whether or not you misinterpeted your PM role and item description, you would have received a PM after scanning prof that told you that you also received a piece of paper. You cannot misinterpret whether or not you received this piece of paper, because it was either noted in the PM you got after scanning prof or it wasn't noted.

I was notified that he was town and that he had a piece of paper, because I misinterpreted my original message I thought I would also receive that piece of paper. I probably should have cleared things up with Stefl before hand, but the important thing is that I got it right now. Thus, we should move on and focus on what really matters.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

If you have a scanning tool, you not only get to know the alignment of a person, but also the item (sans description) they hold.

Correct, and I cannot lose my item.

Nintendo still doomed?

RolStoppable said:
@linkz

Do you believe the fortune cookie story? Or more precisely, do you also think that the message and the name don't necessarily imply that trucks is a killer?

Not fully. An item that both keeps the user alive and gives out some important information seems too powerful.(meta) I do think if it is legit that it is more likely to implicate Trucks as the killer than otherwise, as there's zero reason to include him on the piece of paper besides that. If it's just a random name that flips to being too cruel of an item.(again meta)

supermario128 said:
Never mind what I said before. Stefl worded my PM role very confusingly. My ITEM is the scanning tool and it is bound to me until I die. Prof still has his piece of paper. I interpreted it as "you get the the item of the first player you scan" and it is then bound to you.

No one should over react to this, I was not intentionally trying to misinform people...

Do not buy, not one bit.. lynch all liars. Not so much the going back on what was originally said part, but there is no chance you didn't know you had an item and it was player bound from the start.

Vote: supermario128

This doesn't mean prof must be scum as well, but it's hard to see why he'd defend a town prof without latching onto the claim and voting trucks.(Or did he? VOTALS!?!?!)

Don't know, perhaps they're not sure how player bound items work. Perhaps mario forgot it's not roles, but items that cause the actions and his scummates quickly told him to fix his mistake. Whatever the case, he's lying about it.

Furthermore, I'd venture to guess that if the lie is based on reality, he's some kind of flavor/role(as in item) cop.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:

Do not buy, not one bit.. lynch all liars. Not so much the going back on what was originally said part, but there is no chance you didn't know you had an item and it was player bound from the start.

Vote: supermario128

This doesn't mean prof must be scum as well, but it's hard to see why he'd defend a town prof without latching onto the claim and voting trucks.(Or did he? VOTALS!?!?!)

I already said I messed up and should have clarified with Stefl. I admit this does look very suspicious and I don't blame anyone for thinking so, but lynching the cop because he made a silly/ stupid mistake is a terrible idea. I haven't lied about what I have said so far and did not mean to misinform anybody. If people don't believe I am the cop then let me scan someone tonight so I can report my findings at the start of the day. This will confirm I am the cop since I will also be able to tell you what item they have, not just alliance.

Nintendo still doomed?

I could maybe understand being confused about learning what item a player holds at the time of the scan. Not knowing you hold a player bound item doesn't fly though.

As for your bargain, no thanks. Not interested in a claim tomorrow that still wouldn't prove your alliance.

Well, I'm off to bed and won't be back online until Wednesday night around 10pm.

If the town comes to a conclusion on who to lynch; I want to remind the doctor to protect me tonight.

If people really don't believe me, good luck winning without the cop.

Btw, I still think Trucks is our best option at this point and we should act on that. If not him then we should consider Nen or Linkz.

Nintendo still doomed?

theprof00 said:
Alright then i propose we lynch nen on the grounds thar he hasnt done anything suspicious.
At least not until i read him again.

OS @ Proff & his fortune cookie......wait that didnt sound right.

supermario128 said:
Never mind what I said before. Stefl worded my PM role very confusingly. My ITEM is the scanning tool and it is bound to me until I die. Prof still has his piece of paper. I interpreted it as "you get the the item of the first player you scan" and it is then bound to you.

No one should over react to this, I was not intentionally trying to misinform people..

Now that makes more sense, I thought it was clear that items define the roles hence why there is no (role) field in the game table.

supermario128 said:
RolStoppable said:

But that doesn't make any sense. Whether or not you misinterpeted your PM role and item description, you would have received a PM after scanning prof that told you that you also received a piece of paper. You cannot misinterpret whether or not you received this piece of paper, because it was either noted in the PM you got after scanning prof or it wasn't noted.

I was notified that he was town and that he had a piece of paper, because I misinterpreted my original message I thought I would also receive that piece of paper. I probably should have cleared things up with Stefl before hand, but the important thing is that I got it right now. Thus, we should move on and focus on what really matters.

The only thing that bothers me is that you have both the abilities of a normal cop & a flavor cop. 

I mean getting an innocent read on a player is enough, but knowing the item he hold is a over powering (especially in a game with cookie jars).

Stefl really is messing with us in this game.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Will do votals in an hour... sorry for not keeping you up-to-date... my vita is robing my life (WAHAHAHA!!!)