By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

RolStoppable said:
TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:

Is your role a "writer" or "messenger" or something like that?

No it's not.

Then maybe you are a serial killer or something of that sort. "The killer gets the item of his victim", this could simply refer to your role and maybe you are limited to kill only at every even Night, so that's why they weren't two victims during the first Night.

No I'm not a serial killer and it makes no sense for an item to not only shield the user from harm, give out a clue about the game setup AND to give out the name of the killer (or of a killer for that matter).

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Regarding the prof vs. truck situation:

If we lynch prof, we'll find out if there really is a fortune cookie item. Obviously we will also find out what his alignment is.

If we lynch truck, we could be killing a potential threat to the town. If he turns out to be town, we would have exposed prof as scum.

I've been thinking about what prof said last night, shortly before I logged out. If he were mafia it would make no sense for him to make such an item claim, because it would inevitably lead to his own death. At best it would be a one-for-one trade for the mafia in this game and at this stage it would be a panic move. It's in the mafia's best interest to maintain suspense as long as possible, so what prof did makes it unlikely that he is mafia. Unless he is an idiot, of course. Which he admittedly tried to prove yesterday.

So my conclusion is that truck better comes forward and makes a good case for himself, because right now it looks like lynching him is by far the best choice.

The best conclusion is that he's copped or tracked. We can always come back to him later if necessary.

Of course, I'm not going to say specifically to cop Trucks because it's never a good idea to give mafia info on town movement. But he should be looked at as an option. Other possible options are nen and radish (if I were to take Linkz comment at face value). I'm not going to say anymore because it's just going to be a mindfuck with mafia and the power roles.

spurgeonryan said:
Just say thank you spurge.

Ok when you said Proff broke you i thought that was just a figure of speech!

Seriously man answer the question coze you're not making any sense!!

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

RolStoppable said:

If we lynch prof, we'll find out if there really is a fortune cookie item. Obviously we will also find out what his alignment is.

If we lynch truck, we could be killing a potential threat to the town. If he turns out to be town, we would have exposed prof as scum.

I've been thinking about what prof said last night, shortly before I logged out. If he were mafia it would make no sense for him to make such an item claim, because it would inevitably lead to his own death. At best it would be a one-for-one trade for the mafia in this game and at this stage it would be a panic move. It's in the mafia's best interest to maintain suspense as long as possible, so what prof did makes it unlikely that he is mafia. Unless he is an idiot, of course. Which he admittedly tried to prove yesterday.

So my conclusion is that truck better comes forward and makes a good case for himself, because right now it looks like lynching him is by far the best choice.

Generally killing one town for a guaranteed mafia kill the next day is a huge win, especially at this early stage of the game- only thing though; how would killing prof (or trucks) expose the other as a guaranteed mafia/town member? Could someone explain it to me in simple terms, because I've been following this whole fortune cookie thing, I thought, but I didn't think we had any proof that prof is telling the truth about the way that he can see who holds what item - unless I've messed up again - this could be a big gambit by prof because he's certain that trucks is mafia, and if it turns out that trucks is town, then it sounds like people are getting ready to lynch prof (which would result in 2 town kills, imo). Sorry I rambled for a bit there, but I hope you all understand what I'm trying to say

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

TruckOSaurus said:
RolStoppable said:
TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:

Is your role a "writer" or "messenger" or something like that?

No it's not.

Then maybe you are a serial killer or something of that sort. "The killer gets the item of his victim", this could simply refer to your role and maybe you are limited to kill only at every even Night, so that's why they weren't two victims during the first Night.

No I'm not a serial killer and it makes no sense for an item to not only shield the user from harm, give out a clue about the game setup AND to give out the name of the killer (or of a killer for that matter).

Are you mafia? I'm not sure I've seen you write that yet.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I'm not Mafia either. Did you really have my name on your message?

Signature goes here!

NoCtiS_NoX said:

Absolutely, It takes time for me to post a lenghty post. I screwed up a lot in the previous round with my awesome grammar.

I feel you man.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

radishhead said:
RolStoppable said:

Generally killing one town for a guaranteed mafia kill the next day is a huge win, especially at this early stage of the game- only thing though; how would killing prof (or trucks) expose the other as a guaranteed mafia/town member? Could someone explain it to me in simple terms, because I've been following this whole fortune cookie thing, I thought, but I didn't think we had any proof that prof is telling the truth about the way that he can see who holds what item - unless I've messed up again - this could be a big gambit by prof because he's certain that trucks is mafia, and if it turns out that trucks is town, then it sounds like people are getting ready to lynch prof (which would result in 2 town kills, imo). Sorry I rambled for a bit there, but I hope you all understand what I'm trying to say

No, you're absolutely right, it's illogical to say that me being town certainly means Trucks is scum, or that Trucks being town means I am scum.

TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I'm not Mafia either. Did you really have my name on your message?

Yes, did you really pick up spark flint?

spurgeonryan said:
Nen. I have. Twice now. You want more exact details like what my role is, specific item, etc? You two first. Pm, role claim and item please.

As much as I want to win, it is unsportsman like to ask these kinds of things until at least later in the game.

Furthermore, he could simply lie about everything anyway, and that might just lead to you spilling the beans on your item.