By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

theprof00 said:

I ate it and was told that I feel invincible. The message inside says "A dead player loses their item to their killer" (paraphrased), on the reverse, "trucks"

Unless Stefl is messing with us, I think we need to take this pretty seriously.I feel a lot better voting for Trucks knowing this, then voting for Noctis just because he had the majority voting on him... It seems like Trucks killed FF, picked up his item, and then discarded it during the day. Correct?

Unvote

Vote: Trucks

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

prof could have lied about discarding the item. It'd be more prudent to want to lynch him because you think he's lying scum then to go for a one-for-one trade.

RolStoppable said:

If he told us the truth, we will know for sure who we can lynch on Day 3 (truck). If he lied, we have taken out scum. Either way, town has made notable progress.

How about we do the opposite and vote Trucks first. Then if Trucks isn't scum we go after prof. Makes much more sense to me.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

RolStoppable said:

Unvote: noctis

Vote: prof

It's simple. If prof is town, he is a useless target for the mafia tonight, because he holds no important item (discarded fortune cookie on Day 2). Therefore we won't find out if he has told us the truth on Day 2. But if we lynch him, we will get to know the description of the item he held at the beginning.

If he told us the truth, we will know for sure who we can lynch on Day 3 (truck). If he lied, we have taken out scum. Either way, town has made notable progress.

I'm pretty sure all it will tell you is the same description I received, which was "Fortune Cookie EAT IT! IT BRINGS YOU FORTUNE!"

Wrong reaction prof. That and your flip would be good enough to go on your word.

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
RolStoppable said:

How about we do the opposite and vote Trucks first. Then if Trucks isn't scum we go after prof. Makes much more sense to me.

More reasonable, but even if Trucks is scum it doesn't clear prof. He's said he'd do it as scum!!!111

If prof is town, he could lie about discarding the item if it's still useful. As you said mafia are unlikely to target him tonight since he said he discarded the item. Thus he could use it again with the lie.

Linkzmax said:
prof could have lied about discarding the item. It'd be more prudent to want to lynch him because you think he's lying scum then to go for a one-for-one trade.

I'd be pretty stunned if, assuming everything else he's told us about the item is true, it was not a one-off. The game wouldn't be much fun if one player was not only consistently invincible, but also got "clues" which seem to be incredibly on-the-nose.

Although I suppose the cookie wouldn't necessarily always have the same effect. It seemed to go out of its way to not explain its purpose.

RolStoppable said:
Linkzmax said:
If prof is town, he could lie about discarding the item if it's still useful. As you said mafia are unlikely to target him tonight since he said he discarded the item. Thus he could use it again with the lie.

Why the sudden change of heart? You initially voted for prof, but now you are protecting him.

If we lynch prof, another one of us gets the chance to pick up the item at twilight and use it immediately.

I'm still on prof because I think he's lying scum. You voted him in hopes he's town. I appreciate the vote, but I'm entitled to disagree with the reasoning.