By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

@noname:

I had the same role as Town, which in effect made it far less useful as it couldn't be claimed after I claimed it. Still it's the type of role that I'm adamant should never be mafia. And prof's claimed item should never exist either. He talks about playing the game, meanwhile it's a completely broken item that is the reason for his vote.(Credit given if it's a pro-town fib)

Around the Network

Whodidwhatnow?

noname2200 said:
theprof00 said:

I have!

Nobody cares, and he's just denying it flat out.

You did press, but when he explained his (self-consistent) story you just backed off. I guess I'm just curious to hear why you didn't step forward with these facts earlier.

That's because I thought for sure that it completely implcated him in the killing, and when he said he was asleep, I reconfigured and though, OK, but he still has the item then. So I pressed him on the item.

Lastly, I wasn't 100% sure that mafia already knew this information, and thought it might be relatively easy to extrapolate the nightkill into hammering...so I didn't want to say anything.  But now.....everyone's just falling back to the noctis lynch, and I don't think it's right. Yes, yes, I would love to know what side he's on, but I want to lynch him for good reasons, not haphazard ones.

Linkzmax said:
Whodidwhatnow?

seconded.

Spurge, have you forgotten the advice I gave you of listening and not talking?

Listen spurge, at this rate, you will be lynched...sooner or later. If you are town, you really need to stop this really very extremely liberally extensive topical commentary.

Also, your pros list left out one very good player.
Trucks.
Again, and I don't know how many times I have to come back to it, Trucks is a very very good player. The fact that you didn't even mention his name in that group is a credit to his prowess.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
@noname:

I had the same role as Town, which in effect made it far less useful as it couldn't be claimed after I claimed it. Still it's the type of role that I'm adamant should never be mafia. And prof's claimed item should never exist either. He talks about playing the game, meanwhile it's a completely broken item that is the reason for his vote.(Credit given if it's a pro-town fib)

With all respect to stefl, I'm inclined to agree on the first two points. As for the last point, I'm waiting to hear prof's explanation for how exactly his item works. I'm going to go through more recent pages now, but all I understand for certain is that he claims his cookie both protected him and gave him a name, Trucks. I don't recall him specifying what that name is in relation to, although he appears convinced that it points to a mafia member.

noname2200 said:
Linkzmax said:
@noname:

With all respect to stefl, I'm inclined to agree on the first two points. As for the last point, I'm waiting to hear prof's explanation for how exactly his item works. I'm going to go through more recent pages now, but all I understand for certain is that he claims his cookie both protected him and gave him a name, Trucks. I don't recall him specifying what that name is in relation to, although he appears convinced that it points to a mafia member.

It's a fortune cookie.

Linkzmax said:
So prof, your cookie told you that a killer gets the victim's item. Or did it tell you that Trucks got FF's item?

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
Trucks.
Again, and I don't know how many times I have to come back to it, Trucks is a very very good player. The fact that you didn't even mention his name in that group is a credit to his prowess.

I am tempted to remove your name from the list for this comment.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that. You disagree, or what?

I just was correcting you. I meant nothing in regards to suspects or your post content etc etc. Just that I felt credit where credit is due. I'd say the same for FF as well...it's just that he's dead.

theprof00 said:

That's because I thought for sure that it completely implcated him in the killing, and when he said he was asleep, I reconfigured and though, OK, but he still has the item then. So I pressed him on the item.

Lastly, I wasn't 100% sure that mafia already knew this information, and thought it might be relatively easy to extrapolate the nightkill into hammering...so I didn't want to say anything.  But now.....everyone's just falling back to the noctis lynch, and I don't think it's right. Yes, yes, I would love to know what side he's on, but I want to lynch him for good reasons, not haphazard ones.

So you're saying the item says the name of the next person to receive the item? Do I understand that correctly? I thought you implied that earlier, but it's been an hour or two since this discussion started, so my apologies for asking you to repeat yourself.

theprof00 said:
Trucks.

Trucks was on the list.

RolStoppable said:

I am suspecting two of you guys to be scum which makes the whole game harder. But at the moment it's too hard to dissect whose fight has been staged.

That's fair. I'd give you some sage advice at this point, but to be blunt, I'm a little lost myself right now. I've got suspicions about everyone, albeit to radically different degrees, but there's no one* I'm sufficiently convinced of yet. In that regards, it's been a very enjoyable game. I'd complain about the pacing too, but since the game has generally been slowest when I'm not around myself, I'm in no position to whine.

*Trucks might become the first, depending on prof's answers.