By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

theprof00 said:

calling FF town because of a table

Mock me all you want, I was right. Good chance I'll be proven right on radish too.

Your game today was to lie about a drawing to try and trick spurge, try to catch Rol for hammering to gain an item when as mafia he'd just simply deny it anyway.

And now you finally reveal that you had an item that not only gave you the killer's name, but kept you alive just to make sure you could tell everyone. I'll meta broken roles/items all I want thank you very much.

And if Noctis and spurge are both town and get lynched, though I don't see spurge being lynched at this point, I don't care. I've given my main suspicions already, so it's not like I'm merely observing from within. It's a game and I'm having fun. More fun than I've had in a while. Rol is awesome!

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:

Rol is awesome!

I second that mötion! WAHAHAHA!!!

Linkzmax said:

theprof00 said:

calling FF town because of a table

1Mock me all you want, I was right. Good chance I'll be proven right on radish too.

2Your game today was to lie about a drawing to try and trick spurge, try to catch Rol for hammering to gain an item when as mafia he'd just simply deny it anyway.

3And now you finally reveal that you had an item that not only gave you the killer's name, but kept you alive just to make sure you could tell everyone. I'll meta broken roles/items all I want thank you very much.

4And if Noctis and spurge are both town and get lynched, though I don't see spurge being lynched at this point, I don't care. I've given my main suspicions already, so it's not like I'm merely observing from within. It's a game and I'm having fun. More fun than I've had in a while. Rol is awesome!

1 Still metagaming, and easily confirmed as true if you are mafia. You already know he's town!

2 Actually it was to trick Trucks. Try and keep up. Rol was just a side-quest. Like I said, it's not a 100% guarantee that it makes him town, but he did write three whole paragraphs in response, and never at any point did he say, "what do you mean by 'fyi you already know why'". He never questioned it, he just answered it.

3 Yeah and you'll be wrong.

4 Glad you're having fun. Maybe Rol's love of casual games is affecting you negatively. Apparently not needing to try in a game is more fun.

theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

1Mock me all you want, I was right. Good chance I'll be proven right on radish too.

2Your game today was to lie about a drawing to try and trick spurge, try to catch Rol for hammering to gain an item when as mafia he'd just simply deny it anyway.

3And now you finally reveal that you had an item that not only gave you the killer's name, but kept you alive just to make sure you could tell everyone. I'll meta broken roles/items all I want thank you very much.

4And if Noctis and spurge are both town and get lynched, though I don't see spurge being lynched at this point, I don't care. I've given my main suspicions already, so it's not like I'm merely observing from within. It's a game and I'm having fun. More fun than I've had in a while. Rol is awesome!

1 Still metagaming, and easily confirmed as true if you are mafia. You already know he's town!

2 Actually it was to trick Trucks. Try and keep up. Rol was just a side-quest. Like I said, it's not a 100% guarantee that it makes him town, but he did write three whole paragraphs in response, and never at any point did he say, "what do you mean by 'fyi you already know why'". He never questioned it, he just answered it.

4 Glad you're having fun. Maybe Rol's love of casual games is affecting you negatively. Apparently not needing to try in a game is more fun.

1. LMAO.. that would prove me wrong, try and keep up.

2. Yeah, his not asking what that meant is actually questionable. If someone tells me they already know why I did something and I'm town then it warrants question. If I'm mafia then I don't want to bring that up.

3. Oh well, not the first time I've been wrong about Stefl and broken roles.

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

I would find it very hard to believe if it wasn't directly saying that.

(...)

So you were told who the killer was instead of being able to make a pick? Why can't you just say that?

The rules of this game with items are still confusing the hell out of me, so answer directly on what I ask.

YES!

Except... it's possible that he's simply the person who received the item, and mafia have their own pool. Ie; mafia kills a person and can assign items to the members. IIRC we had a similar game where mafia could take powers from townies and distribute them among themselves however they wanted.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

1. LMAO.. that would prove me wrong, try and keep up.

2. Yeah, his not asking what that meant is actually questionable. If someone tells me they already know why I did something and I'm town then it warrants question. If I'm mafia then I don't want to bring that up.

1 You think that's clever, using "try and keep up", but it's pathetic that what you said immediately previous to it makes no sense whatsoever. You defend your decision to meta FF, but in reality, if you're town, there was never any risk that you could be wrong. You could simply be telling town that he's town, thereby gaining trust (even moreso, gaining it immediately the next day by killing him) and defending your decision to meta my item, which, I'll say again, you will be completely wrong about. I'm sorry for anyone reading this again. I don't mean to be repetitive, or at least, I don't want to be repetitive. I'll stop when my point is answered succinctly.

2. Actually, not really. As oblivious town, it might have come off as I already know your reasons for hammering, but please explain EXACTLY why. Which, as it turns out, is what he did.

3. I guess that means you are completely availed from being wrong then. Oh, I see then. Please continue on your path to ruin, then. you'll be forgiven after all.

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

YES!

Except... it's possible that he's simply the person who received the item, and mafia have their own pool. Ie; mafia kills a person and can assign items to the members. IIRC we had a similar game where mafia could take powers from townies and distribute them among themselves however they wanted.

And to get back to me, if I held Meat after moreno's death, you would have suspected me to be mafia?

No because that doesn't mean anything.

Linkzmax said:

Please elaborate. Part of the issue I have with your earlier post revolves around this point. Is there something in the past that makes you question his competence?

And as an unrelated aside, I side with prof on your point 1. "My conclusion was correct, therefore my logic must have been correct" is a blatant fallacy.

theprof00 said:
RolStoppable said:

So you were told who the killer was instead of being able to make a pick? Why can't you just say that?

YES!

So why haven't you pressed him?!

theprof00 said:

1. You said I already know radish is town. I've been calling him scum. Try and keep up