By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

At this point I'm going to

Vote: noctis

for his continued unwillingness to explain himself/answer questions that are addressed specifically at him. Consider this primarily a pressure vote, noctis, albeit one that's also backed up with some discomfort regarding the veracity of your story. For the moment I'm willing to give you more time to come forward, but pretty soon I intend to start lobbying for more votes, if you haven't addressed my questions/concerns.

I know I already have spurge's vote, although for how long is an open question...

In other news, radish. I may be misremembering, but I do not recall you being in the habit of sticking your neck out for others. I barely remember you sticking your neck out for yourself, truth be told. And yet yesterday (Day One) you went ahead and went to bat for moreno. Admittedly you didn't go all out in his defense, but you were quite fast to say that you were satisfied with his explanations. More surprisingly, you were VERY confident that he would turn out to be town.

Any comment?

Around the Network

It's not only informative, but it's protective too!

RolStoppable said:

The only reason I can think of is that the mafia can't get it if you are killed tonight (and you fully expect this to happen).

Unless it only had a one time use or someone else took it from him? Just throwing out options.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

It was a one time use.
I ate the cookie: protection.
the message inside said one thing on the front, and the name on the back.
Given Trucks saying he didn't do anything, well, frankly I think he's full of shit.

I discarded it because the cookie is gone, and I have no need for the message anymore. It is much better off in the pool where someone may eventually find it and know that I was telling the truth.

RolStoppable said:

spurge already changed his vote to prof. You need to keep up!

I meant that as in "all I have to do is ask," because spurge has apparently opted to be this game's very own Kardashian, but if someone else asks for his vote, or if some other bandwagon starts, or if something shiny appears, or if it's a day ending with a "y" I know I'll lose him.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
It's not only informative, but it's protective too!

Makes sense, the information is no good if I die with it.

Maybe you need to try a little harder. I find it fascinating that someone who is normally very good at this game is playing so badly, on purpose no less!

You said at one point that you were tired of carrying the town, and that town needs to learn how to better itself. Yet here we are moreno not defending himself, a possible town noctis voting himself, and spurge being an absolute retard....you MUST realize that this game is over if those last two are town. Yet here you are, questioning the validity of an item, metagaming, calling FF town because of a table, metagaming, and saying "mafia can't be pros because FF was a poor choice", WIFOM.

Come back when you remember how to play.

The fact that one of your reasonings was that you were tired of carrying the discussion is useless, is inexplicable, since this game your post ratio has plummeted in comparison to increased activity from well, everyone. You must be extremely tired.

noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:

spurge already changed his vote to prof. You need to keep up!

I meant that as in "all I have to do is ask," because spurge has apparently opted to be this game's very own Kardashian, but if someone else asks for his vote, or if some other bandwagon starts, or if something shiny appears, or if it's a day ending with a "y" I know I'll lose him.

No days end in y in mafia! They all end in numbers! You fool! Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Spurge has made an effort to try and avoid his apparent vote hopping. Perhaps he'll risk another vote, but he seemed pretty butthurt by Rol's troll.

theprof00 said:

No days end in y in mafia! They all end in numbers! You fool!

Day Twenty. And Thirty. And Forty. And so on.

*boom*

supermario128 said:

(Still waiting to see what NoName has to say)

If this is in regards to my list, I'm normally loathe to post mine; in my first game as scum I found it a remarkably useful tool for gauging how well I was doing, who I could get votes on, etc. I'm willing to cave in if there's enough peer pressure on this one, because I'm not super-wedded to my opposition, but I'd prefer to stick to vocalizing only one or two people at a time.

nen-suer said:
So that's four useless items now.

I'm still in the middle of re-reading the thread again, but right now I count only three (Meat, scrap zinc, goldchip). Which am I forgetting?

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
nen-suer said:
So that's four useless items now.

I'm still in the middle of re-reading the thread again, but right now I count only three (Meat, scrap zinc, goldchip). Which am I forgetting?

Truck's Spark Flint, provided he told the truth.

That's right. Thank you.

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
It was a one time use.
I ate the cookie: protection.
the message inside said one thing on the front, and the name on the back.
Given Trucks saying he didn't do anything, well, frankly I think he's full of shit.

I discarded it because the cookie is gone, and I have no need for the message anymore. It is much better off in the pool where someone may eventually find it and know that I was telling the truth.

Let me get this straight: The name of the killer was given to you instead of you getting to pick a person to ask about (which would be the common cop role)?

I would find it very hard to believe if it wasn't directly saying that.

I'm capable of giving him some leeway in the matter, but the fact remains that he's in my top three and I'm watching everything he says very closely.

Also, since you asked everyone except me, I'll tell you who of my suspects in no particular order.

Trucks is at the top, for a variety of reasons.
Nen is next, for being so reserved, and not knowing why he's accusing or voting people.
Linkz is next (but not sure what kind of role). See the thing is, if I were mafia and he was town, I'd want to kill him. Why? Because it looks like he's hiding something, on top of the fact that he's a likely investigation. That means, Rol, that if he's investigated, and I kill him, town just lost an investigation result on top of which, it makes an eventual cop claim seem dubious. See, you can't ever trust a cop completely. We have had games with no cops, and we have had mafia claim cop. The common concensus and strategy for that is say "everyone I investigated is dead and they were what they flipped". This is a "safe" fake cop claim. So, to summarize, killing town linkz as mafia is a good idea for a variety of reasons....this makes me think that he didn't die, because he is actually mafia. But, that's circumstantial. Still, I suspect him.

Mario and Radish are on my trusted side. I trust most of what they have to say. Their conclusions match with the conclusions I have, and they seem to be acting in the best interest of town, as well as displaying what I'd consider a town though process.

Everyone else I'm unsure of.

Rol, I'd like to think you're town, but I can't say for sure. Beginner's luck I'm sure...and by that I mean you haven't been conditioned yet, so it's hard to anticipate conditioned responses.

I'll say the same for noname. I really hope he's town, because I'm really taking in everything he says as fact, given that nobody else seems to be contributing as much...he's much of an oasis of rational thought.