By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

RolStoppable said:
radishhead said:
You "just have a feeling"? After naming valid reasons to be suspicious of a whole bunch of other people, I find it strange that you eventually decided to vote Linkz- I get the feeling that you know that Linkz is mafia, because he's one of your mafia buddies.

Well, I too think that linkz might be mafia based on how he talked to prof. prof acted weird, so linkz used that to make prof look suspicious.

But all in all, a lot of the suspicions here are mainly driven by assumptions and guesswork. So far everybody could usually offer a good explanation on why they acted in this or that way, except noctis. His story doesn't add up, so he will continue to be my main suspect for the time being.

What do you think? You don't post much and usually also don't give away much of your thoughts. You are a really cautious player.

I am a bit of a cautious player in general, but I can't help it - Mafia really shows the true personality of all of its players; that's what I love about it. Since you're asking about my opinion, I agree that at this stage of the game it is mainly assumptions and guesswork, until someone reveals some cop findings in a few days time (presumably). Noctis is my #1 suspicion, but I'm also looking at Linkz. Nen is being pretty quiet, but I don't really have a town or mafia read from him. I don't trust Spurge's claim, but I'm definitely not ready to lynch someone who could be the doctor (or is at least holding an item that grands doc-like powers). I'm pretty confident that prof and you are town, however

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

It sucks that this game will come pretty much to a halt over the weekend, because at least trucks and noname won't be here. I hope noname shows up today, this time analyzing the testimonies correctly.

#1, Ouch.

#2, That's fair.

NoCtiS_NoX said:

First of all. It was lenghty post usually. I usually reply with a lenghty post myself. When I about to post it I saw the hammer vote and you know the "time limit". That's why I really disagree with this. I really want to post it but I have learned my lesson last round because it burned me. It's also harder for me refute something if he had a solid arguments( language barrier) so it takes time for me to reply. I constantly check if I had a wrong grammar or if  my sentence is understandable and etc.

Rol arguments against me is I haf the time in the world to respond but he doesn't know how I play. That's why I propose Rol to atleast read the last round. His arguments keeps on changing He said I didn't defend Moreno which is false. He said that it wasn't enough and I should have been actively helping. He said I dont have an alibi but he posted that I was too busy in my MC thread. He suspects me and Rad being scum but he thinks Rad is not suspicious the entire day. He asked why I keep my vote for Rad when I already explained it ages ago. He even said I was nervous when I put an extra ? This one is funny because I have been doing it a lot lately. That's why I mocked him about it. He is too obsess me being a scum and having a tunnel vision ( a signs of a scum). . He just want to see what he wants to see and there is no use arguing with those kind of guys.

This might be a language barrier thing, but I'd like to make sure I understand you correctly. I believe you're saying:

1) You saw prof's response. That post was lengthy, and so you drafted a lengthy reply to it. But by the time you were about to post your reply moreno had already been hammered.

2) Rol's suspicion of you is based primarily on his ignorance of your playstyle. Reading up on the last round should allay his concerns.

As an aside to this point, if I'm understanding it correctly, I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by it.

3) Rol has tunnel vision for you, and his accusations against you are inconsistent with his other posts.

Is this correct?

Linkzmax said:

People are saying I'm playing differently, where last game I was scum and nobody said I was playing differently from my town self. There is no indication of anything from my change in playstyle, except that I'm tired of leading as any alignment,  as I said post-game. I don't recall saying I'm doing it for anyone besides myself, but it should help others improve somewhat.

Nobody has really said I'm suspicious though, that's what I was getting at.

So you're deliberately taking a backseat this game, then? That's not meant as a challenge, mind you, merely a question.

And you forget, I said I thought you were suspicious. Or at least I implied it. And I might be getting things out of order here, but I believe mario has previously indicated the same.

theprof00 said:
@linkz
we dont know that for sure, that the item was discarded.

High profile players may also be protected or watched. Im surprised at the conclusions youre drawing when you say IM the one who is too good to be getting confused. You say ff is proof its not high profile, but that doesnt make any sense.

Fair enough, but I doubt a useful item was just laying in the item pool day one waiting for someone to pick it up.

I never said FF isn't proof it wasn't a high profile kill, just not a high profile kill of someone who could also be holding a useful item. There's three primary reasons for the night kill: good players, power roles, and simply to confuse. Leading with confusion when town starts off confused is just moronic. FF is a good player, but there's better left alive AND he was practically assured to be vanilla at the time. It was a bad kill.

RolStoppable said:

Final-Fan also is a top-tier player, so whether he was vanilla or not shouldn't be of much concern for the mafia after only the first Day.

You seem to be aware of far too many things for a first-timer.

RolStoppable said:
radishhead said:

I am a bit of a cautious player in general, but I can't help it - Mafia really shows the true personality of all of its players; that's what I love about it. Since you're asking about my opinion, I agree that at this stage of the game it is mainly assumptions and guesswork, until someone reveals some cop findings in a few days time (presumably). Noctis is my #1 suspicion, but I'm also looking at Linkz. Nen is being pretty quiet, but I don't really have a town or mafia read from him. I don't trust Spurge's claim, but I'm definitely not ready to lynch someone who could be the doctor (or is at least holding an item that grands doc-like powers). I'm pretty confident that prof and you are town, however

Thanks. Now I know for sure that you are either town or the most skilled Mafia player of all time. No offense, but I don't think you are the latter.

It sucks that this game will come pretty much to a halt over the weekend, because at least trucks and noname won't be here. I hope noname shows up today, this time analyzing the testimonies correctly.

Although it's true that I'm town this round, I ask that you and others don't underestimate me :)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

RolStoppable said:

Well, I too think that [rol] might be mafia based on how he talked to [noctis]. [noctis] acted weird, so [rol] used that to make [noctis] look suspicious.

That's cool, we could insert any two names really and it could fit. It's not possible for someone to say weird things because they're actually scum, is it? No need to answer that, I can tell from your vote.

supermario128 said:
radishhead said:
You "just have a feeling"? After naming valid reasons to be suspicious of a whole bunch of other people, I find it strange that you eventually decided to vote Linkz- I get the feeling that you know that Linkz is mafia, because he's one of your mafia buddies.

LOL

I'm sorry, but if I was mafia there was no way I would vote for a fellow mafia member in such a fashion. If you look back through the thread you would see that I have been suspicious of him since day one. Me saying I have a feeling about him is because of him not denying he was mafia right away until I pestered him even further, and even then he gave a sort of joke answer saying he was the pope. He also has stated he is playing differently and his posts just rub me the wrong way.

Yeah yeah, we know you've been going with the counter-suspicion thing all game.

You're still on about the pointless question? I mean have I suddenly become incapable of lying that I couldn't just say I'm town right away. If mafia is serious business to you then you need to actually play serious. Until then I will respond in kind.

RolStoppable said:
Linkzmax said:

RolStoppable said:

Well, I too think that [rol] might be mafia based on how he talked to [noctis]. [noctis] acted weird, so [rol] used that to make [noctis] look suspicious.

That's cool, we could insert any two names really and it could fit. It's not possible for someone to say weird things because they're actually scum, is it? No need to answer that, I can tell from your vote.

Since you are belittling my accusation that noctis is scum, tell me what you think of his alibi.

It sounds like something he'd make up to make himself sound better. I don't mean better in the sense that he'll come across as town because of it. Clearly if he wanted to defend moreno more then he should have stepped in sooner, so it's not a townish thing to say. Rather I mean he's probably saying it because he wants to appear to be a better player.

noname2200 said:
Linkzmax said:

People are saying I'm playing differently, where last game I was scum and nobody said I was playing differently from my town self. There is no indication of anything from my change in playstyle, except that I'm tired of leading as any alignment,  as I said post-game. I don't recall saying I'm doing it for anyone besides myself, but it should help others improve somewhat.

Nobody has really said I'm suspicious though, that's what I was getting at.

So you're deliberately taking a backseat this game, then? That's not meant as a challenge, mind you, merely a question.

And you forget, I said I thought you were suspicious. Or at least I implied it. And I might be getting things out of order here, but I believe mario has previously indicated the same.

Yes I am, I was wiped after a few games of being extra active just so things could happen. I said as much in the post-game last round: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4484055 "I want in, but I'm going to be less active than normal. Until day three I feel like I was the only one playing, and it's been draining." It's been a blast mostly letting things develop. I'm still aiming for scum, but I don't feel like I need to go all out with the accusations or trying to convince others.

I didn't check back through the thread, but I didn't recall anyone linking playing differently with suspicion and certainly none with an explanation of why. Heck even when I used that as scum last reason to get some attention on prof for being different, I said I wasn't sure if it was something new he's doing as town or if he's just scum. "Playing differently" is a pitiful excuse for a vote.

RolStoppable said:
Linkzmax said:

It sounds like something he'd make up to make himself sound better. I don't mean better in the sense that he'll come across as town because of it. Clearly if he wanted to defend moreno more then he should have stepped in sooner, so it's not a townish thing to say. Rather I mean he's probably saying it because he wants to appear to be a better player.

So that's why he proceeded to vote for himself shortly afterwards? To make himself look like a better player?

lol. I didn't say he actually succeeded. I already said anyone that votes themself is horrible, but for some reason several players seem to think it's a good thing to do, even when it means hammering the lynch.