By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

TruckOSaurus said:
@noname: I did have an item last night.

Right. Just like it says right there, plain as day.

Note to self: do not attempt analysis with under two hours of sleep.

I have to say that it still felt off to me somehow, but again I'm sleep deprived and running a fever, so I'll re-check it come morning.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
@noname: I did have an item last night.

Right. Just like it says right there, plain as day.

Note to self: do not attempt analysis with under two hours of sleep.

I have to say that it still felt off to me somehow, but again I'm sleep deprived and running a fever, so I'll re-check it come morning.

If it's any consolation, we could lynch you within a couple of hours, so you don't have to come back and thus can sleep for as long as you please.

You're (probably) joking, but right now it'd come almost as a favor!

Also, this seems as good a time as any to let folks know to not expect much out of me come the entire Easter weekend. I should still be active tomorrow, though.

Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:
Id like linkz, post vote of course, to answer the questiin posed to him when someone said " youre playing differently" and he rreplied " why is everyone saying this" even though he mentioned playing different himself.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4499775 "I certainly am. The point is so what?"

You should know that change in playstyle is sometimes indicative of scum. You yourself have called such behavior suspicious in games previous.

What is so hard to understand?

People think you're suspicious because you're acting differently.

You've said that you're doing it for the sake of town but people are having a hard time trusting you enough, especially fresh off the back of a stellar performance last game, right?

Sure I can understand you disagreeing, but I can't comprehend you not understanding it.

People aren't sure what to look for. Same goes for me. I'm at a loss. Everyone I've questioned so far has passed what I'd usually consider the town bar, and I don't have anything on the other people. I mean, for me, when things get like that, I start to look for anything I can find. How is it you can't understand the suspicions against you for your style of play, when most of them have the same info I do, nothing.

On my part, I look at your agreement with spurge and I'm like, are you insane? It's like, beyond a joke, it's beyond even sad. And it makes me question what you're fugging up to.

I'm sorry you can't understand.

There's not a lot of evidence that goes around, and sometimes you have to make do with feelings. Right now, there are people who feel you are up to something.

It also doesn't help that you haven't been addressing questions seriously, so not only do people think you'rea cting differently, but then you're not even responding seriously.

I'm not voting you because I think you're a strong player, and I trust that you know what you're doing....but right now, I'm looking for suspects, and my better half, you, are pointing a finger at ME!

I'm at a loss, but like I said, I trust you know what you're doing. So, that's the end of that.

theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:
Id like linkz, post vote of course, to answer the questiin posed to him when someone said " youre playing differently" and he rreplied " why is everyone saying this" even though he mentioned playing different himself.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4499775 "I certainly am. The point is so what?"

You should know that change in playstyle is sometimes indicative of scum. You yourself have called such behavior suspicious in games previous.

What is so hard to understand?

People think you're suspicious because you're acting differently.

You've said that you're doing it for the sake of town but people are having a hard time trusting you enough, especially fresh off the back of a stellar performance last game, right?

Sure I can understand you disagreeing, but I can't comprehend you not understanding it.

People aren't sure what to look for. Same goes for me. I'm at a loss. Everyone I've questioned so far has passed what I'd usually consider the town bar, and I don't have anything on the other people. I mean, for me, when things get like that, I start to look for anything I can find. How is it you can't understand the suspicions against you for your style of play, when most of them have the same info I do, nothing.

On my part, I look at your agreement with spurge and I'm like, are you insane? It's like, beyond a joke, it's beyond even sad. And it makes me question what you're fugging up to.

I'm sorry you can't understand.

There's not a lot of evidence that goes around, and sometimes you have to make do with feelings. Right now, there are people who feel you are up to something.

It also doesn't help that you haven't been addressing questions seriously, so not only do people think you'rea cting differently, but then you're not even responding seriously.

I'm not voting you because I think you're a strong player, and I trust that you know what you're doing....but right now, I'm looking for suspects, and my better half, you, are pointing a finger at ME!

I'm at a loss, but like I said, I trust you know what you're doing. So, that's the end of that.

People are saying I'm playing differently, where last game I was scum and nobody said I was playing differently from my town self. There is no indication of anything from my change in playstyle, except that I'm tired of leading as any alignment,  as I said post-game. I don't recall saying I'm doing it for anyone besides myself, but it should help others improve somewhat.

Nobody has really said I'm suspicious though, that's what I was getting at.

What agreement with spurge, in thinking you're scum? You know items can change hands yet you shout at spurge about claiming. You claim the scumteam must be experienced when their choice in kill says otherwise. Simply put you are too good to be confused about some of the things you're going on about.

Which serious questions have I been avoiding?

Linkzmax said:

People are saying I'm playing differently, where last game I was scum and nobody said I was playing differently from my town self. There is no indication of anything from my change in playstyle, except that I'm tired of leading as any alignment,  as I said post-game. I don't recall saying I'm doing it for anyone besides myself, but it should help others improve somewhat.

Nobody has really said I'm suspicious though, that's what I was getting at.

What agreement with spurge, in thinking you're scum? You know items can change hands yet you shout at spurge about claiming. You claim the scumteam must be experienced when their choice in kill says otherwise. Simply put you are too good to be confused about some of the things you're going on about.

Which serious questions have I been avoiding?

1. That's not the point.

2. You're saying that the people who are saying you're playing differently are doing that scummy "poking" thing? I'll have to check that..

3. I've actually been rethinking spurges alignment, but one quesiton I can't answer is how there hasn't been a counterclaim, and why would mafia be the ones to start out with the doc item? Killing FF was a bad thing? I trusted him the most out of anyone! I don't know about you, but I'm sure your very own meta-theory resonated with some people. I am not confused. You are just saying that FF is a bad choice.

In the case that there are experienced scum, it makes sense to leave pros alive because by the end, if there's a pro, town is going to say "why didn't X get killed". FF was further, a strong town read. He's a smart guy and to some, likely confirmed. Lastly, they also got his item. I don't know if he dropped any hints, but they got his item nonetheless.

I mean, just even venture who would be a better kill... aside from yourself, that is. Had I been mafia, a townie acting differently would surely have piqued my interest.

Around the Network

As I said earlier, the theory on why FF was town also meant he was just a nilla at the time. It's not strange to take out high profile players early over power, but taking out a high profile player that could also be power is more advantageous.

How do you know they got his item? Further, he must have gotten an item at twilight to have it on him at death, so he couldn't have dropped hints. That also points to it being discarded day one meaning it was useless.

Besides myself, I'd say you, TOS, or noname if any are town would have been a better kill.

Drunk as shit hairy ballz man checking in

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

@linkz
we dont know that for sure, that the item was discarded.

High profile players may also be protected or watched. Im surprised at the conclusions youre drawing when you say IM the one who is too good to be getting confused. You say ff is proof its not high profile, but that doesnt make any sense.

noname2200 said:

NoCtiS_NoX said:
RolStoppable said:

Let's go back to the beginning.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4499068

I accused you of being mafia which you countered by saying that you wanted to help moreno. Only you couldn't, because I casted the hammer vote. The post you "intended" to reply to was this:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4497622

It was posted approximately one hour before time ran out. You were online the entire time which you didn't deny in subsequent posts. Yet you are telling us that you couldn't respond to prof's post anymore, because I had already hammered moreno. This means your time window to help moreno was ten (!) minutes. Ten minutes during which you would have to respond to a lengthy post, hope that others read it and be persuaded immediately, because your own vote was irrelevant at this point (radish or no lynch wouldn't have made a difference, so you needed to convince other people to save moreno).

That isn't realistically possible within a timespan of only ten minutes and that's why your entire story falls apart. Your statement that you wanted to help moreno is an outright lie.

So this one doesn't illustrate to helping then.  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4497577 

Ok I am out. 

That's not much of a defense in and of itself, but even if it was you were directly responded to by prof, who laid out his case against moreno. So clearly, he was still interested in discussing this. Why did you not accept this invitation, especially since convincing any combination of him, moreno, and/or Rol to vote for anyone or anything else would have avoided the lynch?

First of all. It was lenghty post usually. I usually reply with a lenghty post myself. When I about to post it I saw the hammer vote and you know the "time limit". That's why I really disagree with this. I really want to post it but I have learned my lesson last round because it burned me. It's also harder for me refute something if he had a solid arguments( language barrier) so it takes time for me to reply. I constantly check if I had a wrong grammar or if  my sentence is understandable and etc.

Rol arguments against me is I haf the time in the world to respond but he doesn't know how I play. That's why I propose Rol to atleast read the last round. His arguments keeps on changing He said I didn't defend Moreno which is false. He said that it wasn't enough and I should have been actively helping. He said I dont have an alibi but he posted that I was too busy in my MC thread. He suspects me and Rad being scum but he thinks Rad is not suspicious the entire day. He asked why I keep my vote for Rad when I already explained it ages ago. He even said I was nervous when I put an extra ? This one is funny because I have been doing it a lot lately. That's why I mocked him about it. He is too obsess me being a scum and having a tunnel vision ( a signs of a scum). . He just want to see what he wants to see and there is no use arguing with those kind of guys.

Alright folks I'm leave for Easter weekend and will be back on Monday. I won't be making any placeholder vote since I haven't had time to sort out my suspicions.

Signature goes here!