By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

That's exactly what he doesn't not want you to have undone.

As if anybody could comprehend what you just said.

But anyway, why aren't you voting for moreno? Any particular reason?

Uncertainty, mostly. With no offense intended to moreno, I'd have voted to lynch most people who display his train of thought, but he's one of the short list of people I hold to a lower standard. He hasn't said as much, but part of me wonders if he just flat-out hasn't read most of what's been happening, or at best just briefly skimmed posts.

I'm leaning towards a vote, because his posts don't actually add up, but I don't agree with final-fan's reasoning that we should almost automatically lynch folks who are generally suspicious, else there's a few folks who'd never make it to Day Two. So it comes to a weighing contest: do I think the things he's said warrant a vote, or do I put enough of the confusion to simple inattention?

I believe I have until 8 Pacific to make up my mind, so I'm mulling it over a bit more. As a sneak peek, his defense didn't exactly sway me towards his side.

Okay, I don't know if you have daylight saving time... but if you don't it should be about 9 hours before MESZ... which means about 8:15... yes...

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

I'm leaning towards a vote, because his posts don't actually add up, but I don't agree with final-fan's reasoning that we should almost automatically lynch folks who are generally suspicious, else there's a few folks who'd never make it to Day Two. So it comes to a weighing contest: do I think the things he's said warrant a vote, or do I put enough of the confusion to simple inattention?

I believe I have until 8 Pacific to make up my mind, so I'm mulling it over a bit more. As a sneak peek, his defense didn't exactly sway me towards his side.

Well, certainly consideration needs to be made for how "naturally" suspicious a person is.  For instance, I gave spurge a lot of leeway until I felt he'd even exceeded that threshhold and then I voted him.  Moreno, I think, does have natural lurker tendencies, but he really took it to the extreme here, and then when he did deign to respond to people, has been defending the practice of lurking and borderline contradicting himself. 

I agree that he seems to have not paid attention to the thread until it was worth his life to do so, which by itself, I would argue, makes him more lynchworthy. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Noname could you possibly make another list of posts?

theprof00 said:

Sure, but it'll be a while; I'm at work, and will be for at least two more hours.

Cool, im interrsted to see if anyones post count shot up in response.
can you make sure to count the new ones separately?
Im at the gym and on my phone, so double whammy for several hoirs

Around the Network

I like the pace this game is taking. I haven't had time to post from work but I'm up to date on the moreno debate and I'm gonna have to side with Final-Fan's argument. moreno feigned participation for as long as he could and has been a poster boy active lurking. Throw in my initial suspicion about his almost L-1 vote on prof and he's got my vote.

Vote: moreno

Signature goes here!

nen-suer said:

I'm equally suspicious of moreno & noname, but not confidant to vote either.

So i think I'll play it safe for today and vote: no lynch.

Since you're equally suspicious of moreno and noname and the we all know the moreno side of this argument... I would be very interested in knowing what supports the noname side of your suspicions?

Signature goes here!

theprof00 said:

Alright, I'm excluding any post made before the previous summary. That summary can be found here.

Stefl: 15

Mario: 3

Linkz: 11

Truck: 13

More: 23

Spurge: 32

Radish: 17

Nen: 9

Final: 18

Noctis: 20

Prof: 44

Noname: 20

Rol: 41

Baalzamon: 3

hatmoza: 1

Wonk and Franken have both been removed, as neither has posted since.

I'm not sure I'm going to make another one of these, at least not for this game. Not only are they somewhat time-consuming, but the data they present is actually pretty limited and susceptible to misinterpretation: moreno's 23 posts are impressive on paper, for example, but until he was called to defend himself he had only posted 3. For further examples, Linkz' 11 posts are bunched exclusively early in this period, while mine are almost all towards the end.

Of course, it IS useful to easily see the glaring outlier.

morenoingrato said:
theprof00 said:
morenoingrato said:
radishhead said:

No lynch is much more decisive though- it's like saying "today, I don't think there should be a lynch." Whereas not voting at all is just like "whatever happens, I don't want to be a part of it"

I know, I wanted to be part of the "on the fence" people.

Except, had you read the rules, you would have known (as someone also brought up) that by the time limit, any non-votes are thrown out, thereby, you not voting is equal to the vote pool only being 11, meaning that it only takes 6 to lynch instead of 7. So really, you are casting a vote for the popular lynch without looking like you're casting a vote.

No, that's not similar to no lynch at all, especially given that no lynch only had one vote, and a couple users were at 3, pushing 4.

And as I said, I was waiting, unless you have a time machine, prove me I wasn't going to vote for anything.

My search did, however, find the contradiction to this post.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4496277

morenoingrato said:
To be fair, I only voted time limit because a day one lynch is always a mis-lynch. And there is nothing solid to go by. Voting for someone who asked for a no lynch? Asking for a no lynch in day one is perfectly justified.

A slight contradiction here: the first set of quotes implies, in my mind, that he was just waiting to see if he should vote for anyone, while the second states that a Day One lynch is always a bad idea. The latter could be hyperbole, of course.

Vote: Moreno.

I don't think he's going to be able to say much at this point.