By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

theprof00 said:
I feel like spurge is active-lurking.
I'll make my decision after a re-read.

I'd concur. I cannot remember any worthwhile content. Not that I'm a shining star in that department, but I'm not feigning activity either.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

I'm guessing you just really like resonance of fate or something...or noname? Or is it supermario?

I've never seen you so interested in one of our games before.

I've been asked to play in these Mafia games before, but I always thought it was just a fad. I decided to drop by this time around to see how it actually plays out. Needless to say, it's not particularly exciting.

It's much better as it goes on, and especially good when the popcorn moments happen and players start insulting each other. Those are great times.

Day 1 is weird because nobody really knows anything and so we're all awkwardly poking at each other like a bunch of pubescent school children.

OT: Also, I'm really not liking that exchange between noname and linkz. REALLY uncomfortable with how that played out.

spurgeonryan said:
theprof00 said:
haha, go read the god of war mafia spurge, and stop posting off topic.

Posting off topic?

I wanted to see if he was a strong player to see why you would want him to leave. If you are mafia, then you would know that he is town or not. So if he is in fact your kryptonite then you would just want him to leave instead of you having to battle him to the end. But I will check the god of war thread to see for my self how he affects you.

prof doesn't want him to leave. How do you get that impression?

spurgeonryan said:
theprof00 said:
haha, go read the god of war mafia spurge, and stop posting off topic.

Posting off topic?

I wanted to see if he was a strong player to see why you would want him to leave. If you are mafia, then you would know that he is town or not. So if he is in fact your kryptonite then you would just want him to leave instead of you having to battle him to the end. But I will check the god of war thread to see for my self how he affects you.

My point exactly. You don't even know what you're talking about.

I don't want him to leave, I want him to be honest.

Secondly nothing you said made sense, in the logical sense.

Linkzmax said:

prof doesn't want him to leave. How do you get that impression?

Alright, time-in.

I also don't get the idea that prof wants supermario gone. I did notice that prof zoomed in on him very quickly, and stayed there for a fair amount of time. That said, such behavior meshes pretty well with my memory of prof, so I don't really read anything too sinister in it at the moment.

spurgeonryan said:
I agree. I struggled to pull it together. I thought that I saw something, but it was on the tip of my tongue, corner of my thoughts, edge of reality.
So when typing it , the whole thing started to unravel and make no sense.

Although reminding him of why he left the site last time, probably did not bring back nice memories the prof.....

That was a quick turnaround. And is there something that leads you to believe that mario is just a few bad memories from leaving?

Around the Network
radishhead said:
It was noname's thing- "at what point do you think it was"; I don't actually know when it "was"- I just made that comment as a general feeling, but I wanted to take a look back and decide when/if the Prof bandwagon was taken over by the mafia

In that case you phrased it poorly earlier, but okay. Have you taken that look back yet? And what do you conclude?

spurgeonryan said:
I do not know him that well, having not been very active before May of last year. But if what the prof says is true, it must have been one hell of a game for Mario to just up and leave because of it. That is why I said bringing up old memories probably is not welcome for him..

Furthermore, I do quick turnarounds quite a bit.

I'm wondering why you would say this.

spurgeonryan said:
Becaaaas noname called me on it and I am telling you all one of my faults. Have you not seen this yourself mr. Prof?

Well, that's a problem you are going to have to work on mr. ryan, because as far as I can see, it comes from not following the game closely enough, and if I count it like that, then it's the second time you've done it.

My concern with that statement, is that it looks like "this is how I play all the time, so it's hardly a good measure of scumminess".

Yes I'm happy that you're able to acknowledge it, but it's also worrying along the same line of "active-lurking", and you're going to have to work on it. If you are indeed town, you're being a distraction, because you're calling attention to yourself. To add further injury, you're potentially leading another inattentive player into the wrong ideas, which can be bad in the later days when scum have made sure to eliminate all the voices of reason.

I wouldn't call it particularly worrying, but you're going to have to step it up, unless your goal indeed was to be distracting.

spurgeonryan said:
Vettemens trying to play! Hmm. Interesting. He usually does come along and starts to be active. Just. Takes him a whiiiiile.

What is this about?

You also seem very concerned with me and my play. You mentioned a couple of times that I'm playing differently, and show some interest in my role when you said:

"Prof seems very unconcerned with his lynch, he must either be a poor role, or a very good one."
followed by an insinuation that I might/should claim.

I'm not even going to speculate what you meant by poor role or very good one, since that would imply that I am town.