By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

Whoops, didn't go on my computer yesterday so I forgot about the game. It looks like nothing much really happened though, which I have decidedly mixed feelings about.

But, FrankenFran's one and only post in this thread is a cavalier bandwagon vote? Le sigh.

Unvote prof

Show up soon, fran.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Alright guys, I'd like to call a time out. The following is not intended to have any relation to my role in this game, and any response to this interruption shouldn't be read in light of the game either.

So we've been "playing" for over three days now, roughly 80 hours. In that time, we have collectively amassed exactly 150 posts as of this one, broken down as follows:

Stefl: 13
Mario: 5
Linkz: 10
Truck: 11
More: 4
Spurge. 22
Radish: 13
Nen: 9
Final: 5
Noctis: 6
Prof: 24
Noname: 19
Franken: 1
Rol: 6
Wonk: 2

Only three of the twelve players have posted more than the moderator. Five of the twelve players have posted as much as or less than a non-player (Rol). On average, somebody, player or not, posts in this thread less than once every half hour. We just went 18 hours with no one saying a word, and the game's just started.

So, erm...what's up? I know it's the weekend, but are we thinking things are going to get better anytime soon?

I have a few proposals. First, that we vote for that time limit. If we go with this one, we can bring it up later, since again I'd like this to be a complete time out, whereas the time limit is built into the rules.

Second idea, we institute a rule change. This game is based on items, with every player having the ability to possess and use items during the Night phase. So let's institute a rule that you can not use whatever item you hold unless you post at least an average of X times a day. That can be "day" or "Day," depending on what folks want, although I favor little d, for pacing reasons. To go along with this, the mafia can not murder at night unless all of its members average that X number of posts. I think this change will prove beneficial.

Third idea, we keep puttering about, saying little and doing nothing, until the impending apathy calcifies completely and we repay Stefl's hosting generosity by blowing him off. For the record, I don't like this plan.

Fourth idea: insert your own proposal here. Open forum, go nuts.

Thoughts?

spurgeonryan said:
Final Fan are you saying that if Franken does not show up again soon you will just vote for him? Or will you ask the mod to get rid of her/him?

@ the prof

Not, "that doesn't make any sense, you're trying to find something that isn't there", or anything related to that. Anytime you say the latter rather than the former, it makes people want to lynch you, which is exactly the same problem you had in your last game, which got you lynched, and made you "quit vgc forever".

________________________________________________________________________________

Your saying that he left because of this game?

More or less.

Yeah, noname things tend to get really slow at times like these, and time limits have proven to be ineffective in getting people talking regularly, as it results in everyone just not talking until the last few hours.

I'll do a re-read before I go to bed, and see who I can call out. We need some aggressiveness to get people talking.

My goodness.. I've already posted 10 times? I'd have half of the posts already if I wasn't taking it easy... I'm down for a time limit. Sure it rushes people, but the deadline more often than not makes things happen instead of everyone waiting for something.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I would like everyone who is lurking to know that even though half of my posts have not been very helpful, I still showed my presence while on vacation, and on a crappy Cricket brand phone. Time to get to business people and weed out those mafia!

I like the time limit idea, it gives a sense of urgency to the game. The other ideas sound good, but will probably just confuse everyone (me mostly) unless it was done from the start.

The time limit idea is definitely the simplest, and even if everyone disagrees with everything I said I intend to start pushing for it, barring a sudden uptick in activity. The problem is that this lethargy doesn't seem to have any particular cause: I suspect most players are either Mafia'd out, or have grown so conservative that no one wants to say anything at all. The time limit is only a one-off (hopefully!) fix.

RolStoppable said:
I propose that I am given a knife and allowed to kill someone of my choice on every day (real time), but I can only pick people who have not posted on the day in question or didn't leave a note on the day before that they wouldn't be able to post for a day due to work, a family event etc.

This solution would either get the game up to speed or weed out the people who do not really wish to play which in turn would also speed up the game.

I'm guessing you just really like resonance of fate or something...or noname? Or is it supermario?

I've never seen you so interested in one of our games before.

I feel like spurge is active-lurking.
I'll make my decision after a re-read.

RolStoppable said:
I propose that I am given a knife and allowed to kill someone of my choice on every day (real time), but I can only pick people who have not posted on the day in question or didn't leave a note on the day before that they wouldn't be able to post for a day due to work, a family event etc.

This solution would either get the game up to speed or weed out the people who do not really wish to play which in turn would also speed up the game.

And noctis' activity is surpassed by someone who didn't sign up. On deck, nen! Can we see a full 50% of players outposted?!

haha, go read the god of war mafia spurge, and stop posting off topic.