By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

Shit, you guys couldn't have waited a bit?

I started the game with an item called the shock grenade. Its description is

"Will delay the night action of the target for one day, will be lost after someone uses it."

In essence it's a roleblocker, although the action is merely delayed rather than blocked outright. First night I used it on spurge (sorry spurge, thought you were scummy). I was pleasantly surprised to have found the same item again the next morning, so for my second time I used it on... guesses, anyone (hint: it's Linkz)?

Suffice it to say I suspect that my item was the reason we had no night kill last night. I believe it helps explain the (extra) sourness of my target today. Keep in mind that if he lives to tonight his action last night gets carried out tonight, in addition to whatever night action he tonight. To quote stefl on the rules question I asked him, "The action will be effective the next day, no matter what happens to you or the one tacking the action, a cop would get his result a night later, a doc protect a night later, a mafia kill a night later, but the person still gets to use their item normally next night."

Around the Network

Cool, that would mean spurge protected both mario and noctis(I think?) last night.

Thanks for letting me know you used it on me though. That means prof will die tonight! Mwahahaha

Although thinking about it, I'm almost proud of you guys. Sure it took a cop to tell you who to vote for, but at least this time it didn't require the scum to confess. Twice.

Linkzmax said:
Cool, that would mean spurge protected both mario and noctis(I think?) last night.

That's my reading, yeah.

RolStoppable said:
Linkzmax said:

Thanks for letting me know you used it on me though. That means prof will die tonight! Mwahahaha

Not if spurge protects prof tonight. That's how it should work, if I understood it right.

So you block Linkz, spurge protects prof, happy ending?

I dunno, I'd rather spurge protected mario, just in case that was the real target. The game's pretty much done, but since I doubt Linkz is going to just up and quit (@Linkz: you can do that, you know. Let us not waste a few days and all) it'll be better to keep the cop around. Plus, there's always the small chance it isn't Linkz, although I'm pretty bent on lynching him tomorrow, barring the highly unexpected.

Around the Network

Mafia know I didn't actually try to shoot anyone last night. Spurge should do what he thinks is best. My item is passive so noname you didn't delay anything.

And why do we have to wait for Noctis to post in order for the day to end?

Ah. Well then, back to the drawing board I suppose.

Announcing your action tonight is dumb Rol. If I was mafia then I could just have my partner(Oooops was that a slip that nen is town?) make tonight's kill without any worry of being blocked.

Ok ok wait a minute. Rol and Noname had the same item on day 1 if both are town then Town is uber uber powered. Now ROl Got it again. Hmmm.

Ok I am here. Will the day end?