By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The 2012 FIA/ACO World Endurance Championship Thread

Alrighty, updated post 3 with the first provisional entry list for the 6 hours of Spa-FrancorChamps.

As these lists usually are pretty final in the teams & cars that are participating I will be taking your predictions early! (For anyone that'd actually like to predict), here is a handy copy and paste table for you too use:

Pos LMP1
LMP2 LMGTE Pro LMGTE Am

Simple system, just put the car number & team into the slots of who you think will come first and second in the race in their respective catagories!

Example:

Pos LMP1 LMP2 LMGTE Pro LMGTE Am
1 1| Audi Sport 44| Starworks 97| Aston Martin 70| Larbre
2 3| Audi Sport 35| OAK 71| AF CORSE 57| Krohn

Correct position 1 predictions are worth 5 points (each), and correct position 2 predictions are worth 2 point (each), I will keep track of your predictions in post 1 (As soon as several predictions are made)

Around the Network

As I love bumping my own threads:

After an accident in private testing, Toyota are not able to race their TS030 Hybrid prototype on the 5th May at the WEC  Spa-Francorchamps 6 hours.

On Wednesday 4th April, during testing at Circuit Paul Ricard, Nicolas Lapierre had an accident at the wheel of the Toyota TS030 Hybrid. The monocoque chassis can not be repaired, and the manufacturer will not not participate in the WEC Spa-Francorchamps 6 hours on the 5th of May as expected.

It will therefore be at the Le Mans 24 Hours on the 16th and 17th June when the new prototype will make its début in competition. Two Toyota TS030 Hybrids are entered for the 24 hours.

Yoshiaki Kinoshita, TOYOTA Racing Team President: “We are deeply saddened to announce this decision and our sympathies are with the drivers, team members and fans who have been anticipating the Spa race so eagerly. Since the accident we have looked into all options but unfortunately there is no alternative course of action open to us.”

Julien Hergault - Source: Toyota Racing press release

Source: Lemans.org

Looks like Toyota doesn't even have it's program in order enough to repair 1 car...

spurgeonryan said:
What happened in the accident that Toyata had? Wreck?

Yeah from what I gather they had a mechanical failure sending the car into the barricades which in turn damaged the cockpit too much for them to repair it in time (O.o).

Alright less than a week away for the next race (6 hours of Spa), there's been a few changes in the line-up, namely:

Team Changes:

LMP1:

7 Toyota OUT
16 Pescarolo OUT

LMP2:

30 Status GP IN
38 JOTA IN
40 Race Performance IN
43 Extreme Limite Aric IN
45 Boutsen Ginion Racing IN
48 Murphy Prototypes IN

LMGTE Am:

67 IMSA Performance Matmut IN
81 AF CORSE IN
83 JMB Racing OUT

Driver Changes:

3 Audi: T. Bernhard OUT, M. Gene IN

I'll be taking predictions until the race starts for anyone that wants to chime in.