By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - John Carter flops. What does that mean for Uncharted movie?

As long as Uncharted movie doesn't take place on Mars, it would have a chance although it probably has a better chance bombing than not.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network

John Carter was fucking awesome

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Hmm ultimately I think it's the dvd and blu-rays sales that are going to edge this movie into the "profitable enough" market.

As I for one have no interest in watching this movie in cinema, but will get it on Blu-Ray.

That may just be me though, I don't watch a lot of movies in the cinema anymore, this year I'll probably stick to Prometheus, Avengers & The Hobbit.

I rather think you can't compare a Uncharted movie with this one though, and I can't see a Uncharted movie doing 'as well' as John Carter is doing.

when I first saw the trailer for John Carter, I honestly thought it was one of those spoof films like Epic Movie. Poorly attempting to mock Avatar, Immortals etc with crappy jokes. Then I found out it was not a spoof, which actually managed to put me off watching it even more.

Uncharted's impending belly flop into the "straight to DVD" paddling pool of diarrhoea will be because films based upon games are always shit. John Carter also doggy paddling in the same pool is unconnected to Uncharted.

tldr - both are/will flop independantly of each other

An uncharted film would probably never happen. If it did, then it would need a big holywood star to play Nathan drake, as well as a top director. Mark walhberg as drake and Peter Jackson to direct.. Thats the dream..

Around the Network

John Carter flopped because of pathetic (but huge) marketing, absence of star actors, generally unknown story, tremendous budget, live-action inexperienced director and Mars. Disney wanted Avatar-level success from Avatar-like film. Anyway, it was pretty decent film on my opinion, especially in IMAX.

Here, in Russia, this film is fond of public, for sure.

But I don't see any connection between this and possible Uncharted movie. And Uncharted movie won't cost Sony/Columbia $250 000 000+ to make.

Ah I knew I was forgetting something, of course I'll be watching The Dark Knight Rises in Cinema as well!

Also, I'll call you on that Pezus, when all is said and done, 1.3-1.5 Billion is what it'll do (Cinema + DVD&Blu-Ray)

pezus said:
thehusbo said:
An uncharted film would probably never happen. If it did, then it would need a big holywood star to play Nathan drake, as well as a top director. Mark walhberg as drake and Peter Jackson to direct.. Thats the dream..

No, not Wahlberg please. Maybe Joseph Gordon Levitt or Ryan Gosling?

Well I'm thinking wahlberg because he's a great actor, a well known name and he kind of looks like drake. Ye Ryan gosling wouldn't be a bad choice. Why not will smith ;)

The two will have absolutely nothing to do with one another...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The advertising I agree did nothing to help this movie on opening week but it should see some good word of mouth and so hold up for a while. I have seen a lot lot worse films than this.

I was not going to see the film mainly because the trailers did not make me want to see it but I saw the first 10 minutes trailer which focuses on before he even went to Mars and it gave me a good feeling that the film was well put together and a taste for the mystery that was John Carter.

I was not around in 1917 when this book came out and I have never heard of it as I am sure most other people so I went on spec and the verdict was a solid film go see if you enjoy this genre.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.