By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSV v 3DS v PSP v DS - TRUE Aligned launch - Week 80 update. BRUTAL

Help us, Kowen! We need up to date visual aides!

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Pineapple said:

There's enough data to figure that the GBA sold faster than the GB on VGChartz. If you add in http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nb20000615a4.html , then it's very clear.

- The original GB had sold 50 million up to 1996
- Between 1996 and 1999, the GB + GBC(1998) sold 30 million
- After that, the GBC sold 40 million

Which leaves you with

GB: 70 million with 9 years as the main handheld
GBC: 50 million with 3 years as the main handheld
GBA: 81 million with 3.5 years as the main handheld

Looks good. The GBA is a handheld beast then.

Indeed, it could've sold more but as a response to PSP, Nintendo launched the DS quite early in GBA's lifespan.

Taggin this and bump.

kowenicki said:

Bump.... or rather no bump. lol

So after 38 weeks, globally aligned launches would show us this:

3DS: 8.74 m
PSP: 8.42 m
DS: 7.15 m
PSV: 2.86 m

Bleak!! and will get much, much worse in the next few weeks.

The Vita is only 6m units behind ... AC and COD just released and holidays around the corner ... B_E_L_I_E_V_E 

But yeah ouch :(

edit:
and next week we will have another savior coming ... a 10year old ps2 port :p (@pezus this is supposed to be a joke)
but tbh I think persona 4 will sell pretty well on the vita and we will see a slight jump in vita sales ... (but its kinda sad that a ps2 port is gonna save the vita)

kowenicki said:
Will update today.

Anything to do with my post in JUG's thread?

kowenicki said:

a little...

Great thread by the way

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Paul said:
Great post. You should update it weekly.

I will keep the records and will update now and then.

Whats your view on this?  Sony like to use the word momentum... Vita has none at the moment.

Sad but true. Still a great piece of hardware and I have certainly gotten good value out of it... and with Sony's legendary stubborness and 10-year support cycles I have no reason to think something or other useful wont keep coming out for it. So I am a happy consumer... I could care less if it gets less quality 3rd party support because I play all the consoles and dont have that much time if all the consoles always had great games coming out.

I wonder if the Vita will be able to clear 5m on it's first 52 weeks of aligned launch.

Even my old prediction of 40m lifetime is looking too much now... probably Gamecube or Xbox numbers at most if Sony doesn't get their act straight.

kowenicki said:

Bump.... or rather no bump. lol

So after 38 weeks, globally aligned launches would show us this:

3DS: 8.74 m
PSP: 8.42 m
DS: 7.15 m
PSV: 2.86 m

Bleak!! and will get much, much worse in the next few weeks.

Keep mind the 3DS had yet to see a holiday by week 38.

The PSP and Vita both had a holiday in Japan while the DS had a holiday season in Japan and the US.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

kowenicki said:
CChaos said:
Help us, Kowen! We need up to date visual aides!

done

Much obliged!

3ds will kill DS for awhile

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max