By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First footage of the true Super Mario Galaxy killer - Angry Birds: Space

happydolphin said:
JayWood2010 said:
happydolphin said:
JayWood2010 said:

My point is people need to stop saying can consoles compete with Ipad, when in fact they are not in the same market.  Consoles are doing just fine with there First Party, Third Party, and paid online services.  They're not going anywhere.  This whole thread has been nothing but garbage, Mario and Angry Birds are on two completely different levels as is Consoles vs tablets.  Gamers aren't going to stop buying consoles or games like Mario and the many otheres to play a game that is relevantly small. Dont compare the two if you dont want arguments like this, because in the end you have little facts other than what Apple tells you.  If you havent noticed they're are suppose to promote there selves

That might very well change.  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=141039&page=1# 

Also, not all first party games do as well as Nintendo's, and those that do well for Sony and MS are only less than a handful.

Lol there is plenty of games that sale well besides Nintendos first party, Including Grant Turismo, Gears of War, Halo, Assassins Creed, Portal, Skyrim, Call of Duty, Unchated, metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Red Dead Redemption, Jak And Daxter, Ratchet And Clank, Battlefield. Once again there is plenty more.  Most games are coming out with good profits on console.  Only a has been losing money and it's companies that aren't delivering good games for the most part.

I know, that's why I said first party . Also, the link is paiting a different picture than the one you might like, and that's from a very main player in the industry (those who made the beloved Dark Souls). Just a little nudge from the market for those who feel a tad too comfortable.

Most First Party games has been a success from Microsoft and Sony as of late.  Any game that sales over a million is a success.  Look at God of War, Uncharted, Fable, Halo, all of the kinect games, Gears of War, Forza, Gran turismo, etc.  There is a reason that these studios are financially stable.  The only companies you ever hear of that are in financial trouble are the ones who arent making good games.  Except the company who made blur years ago