By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February NPD: X360 #1 426k, PS3 360k, Wii 228k, 3DS 262k, PSV 225k

Ah, it's so good when you only care about the japanese market!

No undertracked/overtracked... Resident Evil doing great, Vita Conference tomorrow to boost it's sales a bit! And the games I care making not huge amounts of money, but doing fine. How I love Media Create numbers, instead of this chaotic NPD thread! :)

Around the Network

yeah, very good for 360!! MS staying number 1 in usa.  ps3 doing fine in february, but stay in the shadow of 360 (with ff 13 and twited metal). Wii continue to fall and 3ds doing ok. ps vita... sony have to make something and quikly!! bundle? price cut? europe can't holding psvita alone.

@M.U.G.E.N: No, but it doesn't seem the numbers will be even passable.

@Pezus:
Also, I forgot to add, the DS is a horrible deal right now. When Nintendo cuts the price, sales are be a little more consistent (Not big, but at least it won't decline so badly) and it will easily clear that (Okay, let's assume 4 million worst case scenario) gap.
Also, B/W 2 is coming.

Xbox was doing 100+k a week like its nobody's business.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

VicViper said:
Boutros said:
Based on my calculations (taking VGC numbers for missing DS and PSP data),

the PS Vita did ~215k this month.

Acording to this, from Neogaf, you're right.

This months sales
360 426
ps3 360
3ds 262
wii 228
nds 135

Total 1411

Total sales w/o vita 1411000
Last month sales (divide 162%) 870987.6543
Last month sales *187% 1628746.914
Difference between sales w and w/o vita sales 217746.9136
Divide by 1000 217.7469136

VITA Total ~218K

@bolded

Made me lol

Around the Network

ps3 did really well this month.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

morenoingrato said:
@M.U.G.E.N: No, but it doesn't seem the numbers will be even passable.

@Pezus:
Also, I forgot to add, the DS is a horrible deal right now. When Nintendo cuts the price, sales are be a little more consistent (Not big, but at least it won't decline so badly) and it will easily clear that (Okay, let's assume 4 million worst case scenario) gap.
Also, B/W 2 is coming.

Jeeeez, there were shortages/supply issues. You could have easily seen that from how it almost completely disappeared from the western chartz on the second week.

http://79.170.44.90/gamebreakers.co/news/nintendo-news/3ds/resident-evil-revelations-high-street-shortage-nothing-to-do-with-us-typo/

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

OMG PS3!!!

Boutros said:

Subtract 75k for an opening week (4 days) of 140k.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
Boutros said:

Subtract 75k for an opening week (4 days) of 140k.

umm why?