By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Check Out My 3D Portfolio :P

So this is a video of various projects i've worked on :P It's nothing fancy, but I still hope you'll like it, and maybe drop me a comment or some kinda feedback :P

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

Some of what you had in there looked pretty cool. Any change you'll finish any of those projects?

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

Navane said:
Some of what you had in there looked pretty cool. Any change you'll finish any of those projects?

Thanks :P .. Well one of the project is finished, though not the most reliant on the 3d aspects. The second music video shown, can be found at this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC18hSFBGH0
It's very.. Eh.. Unique :P Unfortunately, the camera limited some of what I could do, it was very hard to track the images well enough to get things looking like they were part of the scene, and not just added on top of it.

In regards to the other projects, the command & conquer mod is something I would like to finish, but it won't be for a while if it does happen. The work envrionment of the engine is not very friendly :P It can take a long time to get things working and theres still a lot of work for it to be finished. I do hope I'll have time for a mini release with a singular map, a bunch of vehicles, a few soldier types and a few buildings at some point. I'm not sure when though.
The First music video is back in the think tank, as the way I made it was very time consuming (I used rotoscoping amongst other things) .. Focusing a bit more on other Music Videos instead.
The killzone Strategy Sessions were actually for the VGchartz clan and are readily available on youtube.. They aren't really that exciting though.. But they are good memories of when we had an awesome clan and were at 27 worldwide :P
Finally, the game the whole thing ended with is called "invasion of the killer moles" and it's something i'm currently working on. It's a project that was meant to teach me the concept of programming, but which evolved into a bit more than I had originally planned. It has succeeded though, and for that. I'm happy.  I plan to post about the game once I finish it, as it'll be playable in a webbrowser for free. I intend to tackle a more advanced game project afterwards :P

@ spurgeonryan

Thanks. :) Well. Not exactly just starting out. Everything I know is selftaught yes, but I've been working on and off on these projects for 7 years. Well, when I say on and off I mean that I haven't exactly worked full time, and sometimes have taken half a year, or a full year break. I will say that I'm hoping to step into the videogame industry soon, and that my current work will help me get there :P. I don't know him but it's cool that other people here are interested in 3D animation.(which, if you think about it, makes sense) :P who knows, might drop him a messege.

@kowenicki

Thanks man :P

Definitelty impressed. Keep it up. There's definitely a high paying job with your name on it if you want.

Dr.Grass said:
Definitelty impressed. Keep it up. There's definitely a high paying job with your name on it if you want.

wow thanks man :P I hope so. I appreciate the feedback.

Also on an unrelated note - Portal 2 was awesome. So thanks for that :P

Around the Network
Staude said:
Dr.Grass said:

wow thanks man :P I hope so. I appreciate the feedback.

Also on an unrelated note - Portal 2 was awesome. So thanks for that :P

Oh yeah :D

I forgot about that.

nice! how did you make this? wich program did you use?

Turkish said:

I've used 3ds max for the animations themselves :P

But multiple programs were used for various things like texturing, editing and even tracking of objects in the second music video. :P

If you want me to elaborate just let me know what you wanna know about exactly :P

That first part reminded me of when I was a young buck sperm swimming around making my way through a maze to the egg.  At least I came in first when it really mattered!

Staude said:
Turkish said:

I've used 3ds max for the animations themselves :P

But multiple programs were used for various things like texturing, editing and even tracking of objects in the second music video. :P

If you want me to elaborate just let me know what you wanna know about exactly :P

I want to make something like this too but I have zero knowledge :( Do you know where I can start learning to make things like this? Ive heard about 3Ds max, what are those other programs you used? :)