By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - APB, the upcoming game from Realtime Worlds

mrstickball said:
RocketPig - did you even play Shadowrun? From what I've gathered from players, it was fantastic (even though I agree 100% that FASA should of made a WRPG instead of a multiplayer only FPS).

Yeah, I played it. It wasn't a bad game at all.

But it was basically a Counter-Strike clone set in the future with a Shadowrun label slapped on it. Embarrassing, really. There was nothing in the game that really showed the world of Shadowrun. Just a bunch of guys with cool tech, a little magic, and guns.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Realtime Worlds: Just give us Crackdown 2 damnit, without the flaws of the (excellent) first game.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

crackdown 2 was shot down by realtime worlds because of the dev of this title actually, so we probably wont see one for a long while.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

goldenpp72 said:
crackdown 2 was shot down by realtime worlds because of the dev of this title actually, so we probably wont see one for a long while.

Yeah, Crackdown 2 could be in the pipeline after APB

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)