By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - JPOP what are you listening to ?

Well for those that don 't know jpop is japanese pop and with the term jpop most people mean all the kInds of modern japanese music(jpop,jrock,visula kei,j-urban pop,j-hip hop ...)

i started listening to some jrock artists in  2006-2007 Gackt,Miyavi and later to some jrock bands(Versailles,Nightmare,the GazettE,L 'arc en Ciel and others)

in 2008 i started listening to jpop artists and as the years passed i got into jpop for good. Although i don 't listen to everything jpop related ,most of the jpop artists have released some good songs these past years my favorite band is AAA and i am addicted to them for about 2,5 years i listen to the most avex trax artists and some kpop artists 

so what are you listening to from japanese music ?

Around the Network

L 'arc en Ciel, listen to them on a daily basis.

I like slower and quiet tunes.
My favorite band is Kiroro, if you have heard of them.

I also enjoy Ayaka Hirahara, Hitomi Yaida, Mr. Children, Spitz, Bump of Chicken etc. to name only a few.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

I'm not listening to japanese music but I am to my son's band, which gives me an opportunity to plug one of their demos :P

Around the Network

I listen to Asian Kung-Fu Generation/Gackt/Hyde...the rest of my Japanese music collection is a mix of anime and Japanese games.

A masterpiece~

Funnily enough going to see L'Arc Ciel live at April!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

I can't stop listening to Utada Hikaru's 'Passion' aka the KH2 opening (mostly the piano synthesia version on youtube) - ~BEATIFUL!

EDIT: Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx1gZjGi41w

Something I tend to listen this from time to time..Arashi!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."