By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - America's Super Tuesday Election

More or less, the outcome of the Republican primary is today. Many delegates are up for grabs (about 450 or so).

Watch the results in aggregate at:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/?state=nwa

States to watch out for are Ohio, Virginia, and Vermont.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I voted for Paul

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

This was today.

leatherhat said:
I voted for Paul

thumbs up!

Just watching Gingrich's speech.
Man, this guy doesn't have the slightest clue of science and technology...

Around the Network
drkohler said:

Well all the candidates except for Paul are fighting to be the most backwards and conservative as they can. I expect Romney will suddenly turn a hell of a lot more moderate if he gets the candidature (because he's essentially faking his conservatism for votes) but Gingrich and Santorum are actually just half a century behind the real world.

I hope that this doesn't resolve the GOP nomination. I want them to tear into each other right up until the convention, it's crippling their race against Obama.

Rath said:
drkohler said:

Well all the candidates except for Paul are fighting to be the most backwards and conservative as they can. I expect Romney will suddenly turn a hell of a lot more moderate if he gets the candidature (because he's essentially faking his conservatism for votes) but Gingrich and Santorum are actually just half a century behind the real world.

I hope that this doesn't resolve the GOP nomination. I want them to tear into each other right up until the convention, it's crippling their race against Obama.

if he goes anymore left wing he might end up to the left of Obama!

http://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2012

Political compass is pretty feisty this year with Obama's lack of liberalness.

As always, people are focusing on a couple big issues like healthcare and ignoring just how conservative Obama is.

It's funny to go back to the 2008 election and see just how far right Obama has rushed.

Results are in: I hold so little hope for the American people after that fantastic display of voting idiocy.

Hong Kong is starting to look nicer and nicer as this election cycle goes by.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Results are in: I hold so little hope for the American people after that fantastic display of voting idiocy.

Ehh, not really. I know of quite a few immigrants from Hong Kong, and they agree that mainland China is playing an increasing role year-on-year in Hong Kong's affairs.

SamuelRSmith said:
Viper1 said:

Ehh, not really. I know of quite a few immigrants from Hong Kong, and they agree that mainland China is playing an increasing role year-on-year in Hong Kong's affairs.

Perhaps, but given recent trends, imagine 25-30 years down the line.   Do you see the US or Hong Kong as being more free?  The US is regressing and HK is progressing (if with Chinese political influence).

Singapore isn't too bad either.  Though both have some work to do with social freedoms.

Let's find a way to mix HK with Amsterdam. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised