By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 allegedly "nearly done" and is at "bug testing phase"

http://www.ripten.com/2008/01/10/mgs4-at-bug-testing-phase-no-further-delays/

BRING IT ON!!!!

Around the Network

Really? Even the 360 version? *ducks*

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Gamerace said:
Really? Even the 360 version? *ducks*

the 360 version is the bugged one, don't you get it!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

That's not really what they say in the article:

Ryan tells us that the game is “on the eve of the bug checking phase”, where the game is very nearly feature complete. MGS4 can even be played from start to finish.

Even though parts, such as the opening movie, are still missing, the remaining development time is filled with bug testing, tuning and last minute features. This is the last push for MGS4. Hurrah!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Well ,this is good news .Testing can last some months before it gets gold but it should be launched around end march or april .

Even if it comes to 360 after 12-14 months like some purport it will underwhelm in sales (like most games with staggered releases) simply because the hype will have worn off and most people have very short attention spans. They don't care about games that have been out for a year already.

See Xbox MGS Substance sales.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

NJ5 said:

Ryan tells us that the game is “on the eve of the bug checking phase”, where the game is very nearly feature complete. MGS4 can even be played from start to finish.

Even though parts, such as the opening movie, are still missing, the remaining development time is filled with bug testing, tuning and last minute features. This is the last push for MGS4. Hurrah!

I know what the article says, I read it. That was the 'nearly' as the last push = nearly.

Why the **** is the 360 being mentioned? By God this site is dumb. Piss off with that shit.

Erm... this really isn't anything special, it's a game going into Beta phase, Alpha phase which is designing the game and it's content, putting it together and adding gameplay features is almost done. Beta phase will be the testing of the completed thing, refining, tweaking and fixing will be all that's taking place. While I quickly have the chance to say - Remember that all you Killzone 2 fanboys and your pre-alpha crap lol.

This is standard procedure for every single game ever, it doesn't mean the game's gonna come out next week lol, I bet the wait for MGS4 will still be a lengthy one! ;)

jhlennon1 said:
NJ5 said:

I know what the article says, I read it. That was the 'nearly' as the last push = nearly.

I mean, according to the article the game is not in "bug checking phase". I know that's what the title of the article says, but it's not what the text itself says. Hail journalists!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957