By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mysterious Playstation Exclusive Title "Datura" to be showcased at GDC!!

Looks like the time has come for the mysterious Move compatible game Datura to enjoy a proper unveiling as Polish developer Plastic announces it's just about to happen at Sony's GDC 2012 booth.

A short post on Plastic's website entitled "Datura at GDC 2012" states the following:

"Hello, if you want to see it for your very own eyes please be invited to GDC 2012. We will be showcasing “Datura” at Sony’s booth. Everything is packed and prepared so see you there! More info and a complete webpage for this project will be announced after GDC. Please also check PlayStation blog, since there will be official statement of Sony coming real soon."

Sweet!

The news post comes with an official Datura poster (see below) showing the logo and an art piece depicting the fascinating forest and its fauna (pig included) we have been teased with in a few videos released some months ago.

As already confirmed by iWaggle3D back then, Datura will support stereoscopic 3D and PlayStation Move. The latter won't be mandatory since the game will be compatible with traditional controllers as well. The "hand tech" showcased by the teasing videos tho, has been in development specifically for the PlayStation Move for more than two years.

Stay tuned for more information!

Source: http://www.iwaggle3d.com/2012/03/gdc-2012-datura-to-be-playable-at-sonys.html

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

is it psn or retail?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
is it psn or retail?

I don't think any of that info has been revealed yet. We just had two teaser videos a while back

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Ajescent said:
is it psn or retail?

I don't think any of that info has been revealed yet. We just had two teaser videos a while back

psn has no gamez so it's most likely retail.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Ajescent said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Ajescent said:
is it psn or retail?

well sony systems in general haz no gamez...so I don't think this will be released

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Ajescent said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Ajescent said:
is it psn or retail?

well sony systems in general haz no gamez...so I don't think this will be released

good point well made

Hmm, does look interesting. Could be anything, really.

I wouldn't say "interesting" just yet, it looks a little too quirky for its own good but as next to nothing is known about it, I don't think it's fair to come to any conclusions yet.

Ajescent said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Ajescent said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Ajescent said:
is it psn or retail?

good point well made

i hate that we don't get no gamez! *sheds tear*

OT: I was thinking about getting a move before but I was waiting for Sorcery to be released maybe I should get one soon to get the feel for it.

Yo sig. me gusta.