By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PS4/Steam Box will be the same thing.

Sony and Valve will be partnering up for next gen. The console will be called SteamPlay, or SteamPlaystation, OR The Playstation Steam (a.k.a. PSS). I'm calling it!

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

Around the Network

Why? Because of that article that said that PS4 will basically be a PC?
That just means they wont' be making some super expensive processor for the system. Anyway I don't think Sony would ditch PSN and backwards compatibility all in 1 gen. Its a disaster waiting to happen.

As fucking awesome as that would be, I really doubt it's anything more than a fantasy. "Playstation steam" is actually a pretty cool name. "PSS"

As we know the specs of your "SteamPlaystation", I should reveal to you that the real name of this console is actually: a "Personal Computer", or PC, for short.

That would be an interesting move.

Around the Network

cool! would be sick

Half-life 3 would be a hell of a system seller. Especially if it came with exclusive content. It would never be a console exclusive though.

I have no idea how this would be marketed to the mainstream though. Valve or steam doesn't mean anything to most people.

I really wish this would happen -_-

People actively hoping for this is interesting - especially PC fans. You're talking about a standardized hardware set for developers to work with, which would allow them to optimize resources without the problem of scalability in exclusive projects.

So you're talking about taking the PC and limiting it in a console-like fashion.

Eeeehhhhh

Sony needs to reach to as many people as they can next gen. This could be a good idea but I don't see it happening...

Valve should call their machine the SteamEngine why? Because it makes sense!!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?