By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
NightDragon83 said:
Roma said:

http://twitpic.com/9mx9jd

O.O

Thank God they went with actual thumb sticks instead of those god-awful sliders.  And I like how the sides are more ergonomic now, hopefully they adjustes the shoulder buttons because they looked clunky too.

Now just make the goddamn buttons bigger... we're not all 5 years old anymore, Nintendo!

Don’t get your hopes up about the buttons getting bigger

The patent shows that this was the old model, the one before the controller they showed at E3

I was really hoping they would go with the old version which is bigger but a lot better

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

I was pretty sure we'd get actual sticks in the end. So happy!

Roma said:
NightDragon83 said:
Roma said:

O.O

Thank God they went with actual thumb sticks instead of those god-awful sliders.  And I like how the sides are more ergonomic now, hopefully they adjustes the shoulder buttons because they looked clunky too.

Now just make the goddamn buttons bigger... we're not all 5 years old anymore, Nintendo!

The patent shows that this was the old model, the one before the controller they showed at E3

I was really hoping they would go with the old version which is bigger but a lot better

aaaaaaaaaaand there goes my penis... straight into the ground.

Way to tease me like that and get my hopes up, and then turn right around and cock-block me, Roma!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Roma said:

OMG!! its real!!!

Edit: lol spoiler thing doesn’t work on images

Who wouldn't want to follow the brave fellows into battle?

On topic: Metroid is pretty much in the frige. They will probably do somekind of reboot.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

NightDragon83 said:
Roma said:
NightDragon83 said:
Roma said:

O.O

aaaaaaaaaaand there goes my penis... straight into the ground.

Way to tease me like that and get my hopes up, and then turn right around and cock-block me, Roma!

Haha no this will be the final version as this is the first time this model has been seen by the internet people :P

They probably had both models out or the one we saw at E3 at first but later changed it as devs and the internet wanted clickable sticks instead of the sliders

So keep your penis up high and proud

Edit: seems I was wrong as this is in fact the newer version based on the wrong info of the same user on GAF

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38023740&postcount=15580

"It's the new version indeed. While I initially thought it was an older design when I posted it in February, it's a newer one. The OAMI database has newer designs usually "above" older designs, thought it was the other way around."

Around the Network

Metroid X Starfox = I'll shit brix!

I love the controller, it looks way more ergonomic than the previous one.

So do the analog sticks click??

Light said:
So do the analog sticks click??

According to sources on gaf they do click yes

NightDragon83 said:
Mr Khan said:
NightDragon83 said:
There's a hundred reasons why I wouldn't want this game, but #1 is because of the simple fact that there would be only 1 reason for this happening in the first place... and that is that Nintendo is just too damn lazy to make two separate games.

Still peeved at Nintendo for forcing Rare to shove the Star Fox franchise into a totally new IP and what could have been a Zelda-killer, Dinosaur Planet. Instead we got a game that just felt... weird. It was a good game don't get me wrong, but it's obvious that the SF franchise had no place in this game, and was just tacked on to sell extra copies.

Not "lazy" but "lack the capacity to make separate games in a timely manner"

Unless they feel that a single Star Fox or single Metroid game cannot sell because of a lack of content (Metroid Prime campaigns average about 10 hours, Star Fox much shorter than that), and that with the two of them they could get a full-length game

well first off, Nintendo is the world's largest dedicated videogame developer and publisher.  If they lacked the capacity to make games for two of their biggest franchises simultaneously (both of which have been primairly handled by 2nd or 3rd parties over the past decade, mind you), then they REALLY need to get their priorities in order and stop releasing a bajillion party or Mario games every year.

And to your second point... so basically you're saying that 2 of Nintendo's biggest IPs can't succeed on their own in the modern gaming era?  Prime 3 didn't sell nearly as good as it should have because Nintendo for some reason refuses to advertise games that don't have "Mario", "Wii" or "Pokemon" in the title.  And there hasn't been a bonafied Nintendo-made StarFox game since '64, other than the 3DS remake of... you guessed it... Starfox 64.

As for the lenght of the games in question, none of the Prime games were that short unless you were going for a speed run or had the hint-system on at all times instead of exploring on your own, and a true Star Fox in HD with online multiplayer would be killer and have tons of replay value.  Of course, that would require a little effort on Nintendo's part, so I'm not really holding my breath for that unless they hand it off to a 2nd or 3rd party developer again.

I've long stated that the root-cause of most of Nintendo's problems as a publisher come from the fact that they have too few teams. If you look at what Nintendo has been putting out, they generally have teams for this and teams for that, and then have the teams like Retro that are set to whatever (though only Retro and the other American team, Nintendo Software Technology, really lack franchises that have been specifically assigned to them). Nintendo has several "homeless" franchises because they don't have the people to get them off the ground, which is indeed a bad thing.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.