By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
Dand said:
oni-link said:
I could be wrong but why is the Wii U "ONLY" going to be a Tri-Core CPU when the Power7 only comes in 4, 6, and 8 configurations?

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POWER7

It will have 4 cores, but, like the 3ds, one core will be used to run the OS and manage wireless functions.

LOL...then in that aspect my X360s is really only a dual-core system seeing how much more advanced the OS of the X360s is compared to 3DS and any Nintendo based system.  Also, the 3DS is sporting a DUAL PROCESSOR that is also a DUAL-CORE so which processor's core is dedicated to which?

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Hardware

Around the Network

The Dutch division of Ubisoft has issued a press release for Assassin’s Creed 3 which states that the Wii U version of the game is due to come out at the same time as the Xbox 360, PlayStation  3, and PC on October 31st. However, I did get a press release from Ubisoft UK two days ago which stated that the game was coming to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on that date, but the Wii U version has yet to be dated.

Assassin’s Creed III is vanaf 31 oktober a.s. beschikbaar op Xbox 360®, PlayStation® 3, Wii U™ en PC. Het spel wordt ontwikkeld door de het zeer ervaren Assassin’s Creed team van Ubisoft Montreal met de steun van andere Ubisoft studio’s.

BasilZero said:

@relating to the poll

Gen 8

No matter what anyone says, its 8th generation, just like the Wii is a 7th generation system. People can deny it for the reason of graphics and overall power output, but that isnt what defines a system entirely imo.

Precisely.

Just because the Wii had 6th gen tech under the hood, the Wii experience was absolutely 7th gen. 

WiiU is definitely 8th gen... it's not even debatable, IMHO.

NintendoPie said:

The Dutch division of Ubisoft has issued a press release for Assassin’s Creed 3 which states that the Wii U version of the game is due to come out at the same time as the Xbox 360, PlayStation  3, and PC on October 31st. However, I did get a press release from Ubisoft UK two days ago which stated that the game was coming to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on that date, but the Wii U version has yet to be dated.

Assassin’s Creed III is vanaf 31 oktober a.s. beschikbaar op Xbox 360®, PlayStation® 3, Wii U™ en PC. Het spel wordt ontwikkeld door de het zeer ervaren Assassin’s Creed team van Ubisoft Montreal met de steun van andere Ubisoft studio’s.

For one I hope the game comes on Octuber 31st... The sooner we get the game the sooner I get my WiiU!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

archbrix said:
BasilZero said:

@relating to the poll

Gen 8

No matter what anyone says, its 8th generation, just like the Wii is a 7th generation system. People can deny it for the reason of graphics and overall power output, but that isnt what defines a system entirely imo.

Precisely.

Just because the Wii had 6th gen tech under the hood, the Wii experience was absolutely 7th gen. 

lol...exactly, people forget that before the Wii; Nintendo actually had two vastly superior consoles than Sony did (N64 and GCN).  That means with Nintendo's war chest of $10 billion it could once again release a system that could trounce it's competitors if not match them!!!

Around the Network
oni-link said:
archbrix said:
BasilZero said:

@relating to the poll

Gen 8

Precisely.

lol...exactly, people forget that before the Wii; Nintendo actually had two vastly superior consoles than Sony did (N64 and GCN).  That means with Nintendo's war chest of $10 billion it could once again release a system that could trounce it's competitors if not match them!!!

yes but the truth is that the wii u will be less powerfull than 720 and ps4, but a lot more close to em than the wii was with 360 /ps3

also making a powerful console is not the problem, any company can take the most powerfull hardware inside of a box and sell it for 600 or 800 dollars, sony does that while nintendo strategy is not poiting to the max and expensive hardware, i just want it powerful enough to get full suport from third parties along with 720 and ps4 even if that means to increase the price of the wii u to 400$ i will pay it, but im afraid it will cost with 99% chance 300$, or 350 MAX

as more expensive is, more happy i will be lol, because after all... whats the matter about paying 100 fuckings bucks more for atleast 6 years of fun with the wii u and nintendo? NOTHING!

My wallet is ready

NintendoPie said:

Did they just out the WiiU by mistake?! :P Mid/late october seems reasonable!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

superchunk said:
Totaldemon said:

i post it again because nobody seems to notice it

Wii u = steambox?

http://twitter.com/#!/TwoTribesGames/status/185195880142483456

That's not what its saying.

"“: Steamworks/Steam Cloud support! ” Cross platform PC/Wii U saves! Wouldn't that be nice ;)"

Its saying PC and Wii U saves will work together... i.e. you buy it on Steam for PC play and Wii U for ... well Wii U play, but they will work accross one another. Same base.

This actually goes further in suggesting how Wii Us base will be. I'm thinking it will be very open and dev friendly and like Nintendo said will be very easy to put multiplatform games on. That is really good as it should mean we will easily get EVERY 3rd party game.

That would be... AWESOME!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

NintendoPie said:

I wouldn't put much stock in it. Likely they just tossed Wii U in the list without thinking.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

i hope they release it before christmas for the "hardcore" audience like in autumn, and then the casuals and kids can buy it in the holidays if they want as a gift