By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
HernanDRS said:

Hey guys, for those who are not good at math, 50% and 2x may be actually the same. The words around them makes the difference:

Xbox 360: 100% the power, lets say 100 Teraflops.
Wii U: 50% MORE powerful, it is going to be 200 Teraflops(not 150 Teraflops).
Wii U 2x the power, still, 200 Teraflops(people often understand this sentence as 200 Teraflops).

Let me explain:

50% MORE powerful, means that we have 100 Teraflops as the base power, we need to divide / with 50%(PER CENT) and we get 200 Teraflops. Do the math in any calc and you will see.

2x The power, you only need to take the 100 Teraflops, multiply with 2, and you get 200 Teraflops.

¿Why it is not 150 Teraflops?

It is because 50 Teraflops, is not the real 50% diference between the base 100 Teraflops of the Xbox 360 an the "what we believed" future Wii U 150 Teraflops. The diference between 100 and 150 is only 33%, you need to take the 100 Teraflops of the Xbox 360 and divide it with 67%(PER CENT) in your calc and you will get 149.xxxxx, a number very close to 150.

And i voted for the "Who cares" option in the poll.

I'm too drunk to understand....

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:
HernanDRS said:

Hey guys, for those who are not good at math, 50% and 2x may be actually the same. The words around them makes the difference:

Xbox 360: 100% the power, lets say 100 Teraflops.
Wii U: 50% MORE powerful, it is going to be 200 Teraflops(not 150 Teraflops).
Wii U 2x the power, still, 200 Teraflops(people often understand this sentence as 200 Teraflops).

Let me explain:

50% MORE powerful, means that we have 100 Teraflops as the base power, we need to divide / with 50%(PER CENT) and we get 200 Teraflops. Do the math in any calc and you will see.

2x The power, you only need to take the 100 Teraflops, multiply with 2, and you get 200 Teraflops.

¿Why it is not 150 Teraflops?

It is because 50 Teraflops, is not the real 50% diference between the base 100 Teraflops of the Xbox 360 an the "what we believed" future Wii U 150 Teraflops. The diference between 100 and 150 is only 33%, you need to take the 100 Teraflops of the Xbox 360 and divide it with 67%(PER CENT) in your calc and you will get 149.xxxxx, a number very close to 150.

And i voted for the "Who cares" option in the poll.

I'm too drunk to understand....

It's not hard to understand. Saying that something is twice as powerful as something else means that it is 100 % more powerful.

If the base level is 100 and you add 50 % (multiply by 1.5), you get 150. If the base level is 100 and you add 100 % (multiply by 2), you get 200.

So what you read above is either a longwinded joke or the result of a lacking educational system.

So I'm not drunk?

RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:

So I'm not drunk?

If you understood that his post was a load of rubbish, then you weren't really drunk.

Ok, then I'm not that drunk

Finally, some news to report!!!

How the uPad will be used in Assassin's Creed 3.

The tablet controller for the Wii U will link to the “Animus” in Assassin’s Creed 3. This allows the player to use the second display as an on-screen map and navigation tool, and check out helpful entries in the database as they pop up on the screen without interrupting the flow of the game. There’s quick-weapon switching (including the ability to switch from dual-wielding to single-wielding and vice versa) and the ability to use the screen as a view for Eagle Vision. In this view, you control the camera with the accelerometer.

http://www.nintengen.com/2012/03/assassins-creed-3-new-wii-u-details.html

Good news! That sounds as a good way to use the controller.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

AMD Radeon R700 HD GPU

released 2008

Yay!!!

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
AMD Radeon R700 HD GPU

released 2008

One important thing to note about the GPU is that it's a highly customized R700, so the performance as used in the WiiU will likely be quite a bit better than the off-the-shelf unit.

To put things in perspective, the CPU is rumored to be a POWER7, which was released in 2010, and I would guess that the GPU's performance will come relatively close to 2010 performance as well; still not cutting-edge, but certainly enough to outperform the PS360.

Rumors are Rumors are Rumors

I'll wait till E3 before I cry in shame or in awesome about the Wii U's graphics.

Still I find some people have "PC graphics epeen" syndrome evertime console graphics are discussed and can't wrap it around thier heads that putting the best of the best in a console isn't smart unless you want $600+ dollar consoles.

On the AC3 issue, QQ at no in-game pics, but that was a hopeless hope anyways. ;p

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

I'm saving the hype for E3 2012.

WiseOwl said:
I'm saving the hype for E3 2012.

Exactly.

If you over hype too early you burn yourself out or set your expectations so high you get a reality slap to face hardcore.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)