By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
DanneSandin said:

Miyamoto's Ideas for Metroid can be Found in Nintendo Land

The future of the series?

Not a bad starting point

The more I read about Nintendo Land, the more I'm convinced the game is meant to accomplish two things. One, prove the usefulness of asymmetrical gameplay just as Wii Sports proved the usefulness of motion controls. And two, introduce Nintendo's franchises to a new generation of video game players. This Metroid article really hammers it home for me. What better way to spark interest in a franchise than by including it in a launch game bundled with the system?

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:

Not a bad starting point

The more I read about Nintendo Land, the more I'm convinced the game is meant to accomplish two things. One, prove the usefulness of asymmetrical gameplay just as Wii Sports proved the usefulness of motion controls. And two, introduce Nintendo's franchises to a new generation of video game players. This Metroid article really hammers it home for me. What better way to spark interest in a franchise than by including it in a launch game bundled with the system?

I'm sure you're absolutely right! It's a smart move by Nintendo. As of right now, Wii U seems to be THE best gaming system EVER. It's all very smart. This console MAKES you wanna play together with other people (and perhaps that's most obvious in NL), and with the Miiverse you'll see other games people are playing, indirectly advertising them, and the ability to watch TV while you're playing is brilliant.

If there ever were a system that deserves to sell 200m units it's WiiU. PS2 never were THIS great.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:

Not a bad starting point

I'm sure you're absolutely right! It's a smart move by Nintendo. As of right now, Wii U seems to be THE best gaming system EVER. It's all very smart. This console MAKES you wanna play together with other people (and perhaps that's most obvious in NL), and with the Miiverse you'll see other games people are playing, indirectly advertising them, and the ability to watch TV while you're playing is brilliant.

If there ever were a system that deserves to sell 200m units it's WiiU. PS2 never were THIS great.

I also think Wii U is doing a lot of great things that excites the little 12-year old gamer in me. But in every way that they're getting it right with software or whatever, the advertising campaign is incredibly incredibly disappointing. I feel like only other gamers know about this system at the moment. My non-gamer friends all know what a DS is (though some still call it gameboy???)... but they STILL don't really get 3DS. (Oh? It's a new system? I thought it was just DS with 3D capabilities or something.) I'm afraid with this subpar adveritising, Wii U won't be able to hit the momentum it needs to before this holiday season.

blackstarr said:

I also think Wii U is doing a lot of great things that excites the little 12-year old gamer in me. But in every way that they're getting it right with software or whatever, the advertising campaign is incredibly incredibly disappointing. I feel like only other gamers know about this system at the moment. My non-gamer friends all know what a DS is (though some still call it gameboy???)... but they STILL don't really get 3DS. (Oh? It's a new system? I thought it was just DS with 3D capabilities or something.) I'm afraid with this subpar adveritising, Wii U won't be able to hit the momentum it needs to before this holiday season.

Yeah, the ads I've seen (on the internet) hasn't been too good... hopefully that'll change with time!! But most of the time casual gamers aren't aware of new console, are they? I might be wrong, but I imagine that they get the news from friends and/or ads...

No one's excited at the fact that you'll be able to access Nintendo Networks with other smart devices??!!

Around the Network

Head over to IGN to read their first initial thoughts of the new system! Here's the closing paragraph:

These are just a few of my initial thoughts on Wii U. Pending that forthcoming software update, I’ll know more about Miiverse, Nintendo TVii, and the system’s online capabilities soon. But for now, I’m sufficiently teased by what I’ve seen. Despite my initial concerns, Wii U is very much its own system. It’s very much a step forward for the company, and unless I’m mistaken or something goes seriously wrong, for the industry as well. Needless to say, I’m quite excited to pick up my own Deluxe Wii U on November 18, and can already foresee many sleepless night at the mercy of my entertainment center’s new centerpiece.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/07/i-spent-the-night-with-wii-u

There is a new Iwata Asks about the browser and Miiverse

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/miiverse2

They made a mock up GamePad out of cardboard!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

So Pachter was right! We'd even buy a cardboard cut out as long as it has "Nintendo" printed on it =D

DanneSandin said:
So Pachter was right! We'd even buy a cardboard cut out as long as it has "Nintendo" printed on it =D

I lol'ed

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
DanneSandin said:

I lol'ed

At long last! Pachter was right about SOMETHING =D