By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
mothman said:
gentii said:
1-Eternal Darkness 2
2-Donkey Kong :returns 2
3-Metroid 4

RETRO STUDIO

I would love to see a sequel to ED, but I'm not holding my breath. I find it hilarious that Silicon Knights spent years developing a crappy game that didn't sell and not once did anyone think "Eternal Darkness 2" yeah we should do that!"

Etermal Darkness was FAR from crap. It got a 92 on Metacritic. Though you are right it didn't sell well, I think, SK might be working o it. They have been quiet for a while. 

Around the Network

I'm really eager to see what Retro's been working on for 2 years now! And I'm also excited to see what Monolith's is working on (excepting Project X Zone)!! next e3 is gonna be epic! I can just feel it!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

IamAwsome said:
mothman said:
gentii said:
1-Eternal Darkness 2
3-Metroid 4

RETRO STUDIO

I would love to see a sequel to ED, but I'm not holding my breath. I find it hilarious that Silicon Knights spent years developing a crappy game that didn't sell and not once did anyone think "Eternal Darkness 2" yeah we should do that!"

Etermal Darkness was FAR from crap. It got a 92 on Metacritic. Though you are right it didn't sell well, I think, SK might be working o it. They have been quiet for a while. 

With the crappy game, I think he ment "Too Human"...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
IamAwsome said:
mothman said:
gentii said:
1-Eternal Darkness 2
3-Metroid 4

RETRO STUDIO

With the crappy game, I think he ment "Too Human"...

That was a working example on why it is bad to keep a game in development for more than 10 years. The game was a few months from being released on the PSX when Nintendo made a deal with them. I remember the preview in Game Informer talking about how it was really pushing the hardware and would be on four discs. Then it went quiet and didn't come up until after Twin Snakes was released. Then ended up being on the 360 and costing SK a lot of money because of a stupid lawsuit.

@BlkPaladin : A lawsuit that they have lost. That game have costed the company.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

@BlkPaladin : A lawsuit that they have lost. That game have costed the company

That's why I brought up the suit they lost, Epic had counter sued and won that. So the game ended up costing them a lot of money and respect.

IamAwsome said:
mothman said:
gentii said:
1-Eternal Darkness 2
3-Metroid 4

RETRO STUDIO

LOL

No no, ya got me all wrong. The crappy game I was referring to was Too Human. I'm questioning why they made that instead of ED 2

Eternal Darkness was one of my favourite games ever!

mothman said:
IamAwsome said:
mothman said:
gentii said:
1-Eternal Darkness 2
3-Metroid 4

RETRO STUDIO

LOL

No no, ya got me all wrong. The crappy game I was referring to was Too Human. I'm questioning why they made that instead of ED 2

I think it can't be Donkey Kong, because in the Reggie quote, he specifically mentions them working on a previous Donkey Kong game. He wouldn't mention that in the same sentence where he says that he can't say what Retro is working on, because that would give it away.

For me, the only possibility is Metroid Prime 4. Eternal Darkness is cool, but it isn't the game that EVERYBODY wants. I would say that everybody wants a new Metroid game. Think about it. HD Metroid with the Wii U controller? That would be baller. Everybody wants that!

davestrrr said:
mothman said:
IamAwsome said:
mothman said:
gentii said:
1-Eternal Darkness 2
3-Metroid 4

RETRO STUDIO

LOL

I think it can't be Donkey Kong, because in the Reggie quote, he specifically mentions them working on a previous Donkey Kong game. He wouldn't mention that in the same sentence where he says that he can't say what Retro is working on, because that would give it away.

For me, the only possibility is Metroid Prime 4. Eternal Darkness is cool, but it isn't the game that EVERYBODY wants. I would say that everybody wants a new Metroid game. Think about it. HD Metroid with the Wii U controller? That would be baller. Everybody wants that!

With all the hiring Retro has been doing it can only be Metroid Prime 4. I have a feeling they're really going to push what the Wii U can do with that game. I just want some confirmation and maybe a few nice screenshots :D

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

Whatever Retro is doing on the WiiU I'd love to see them take on Zelda for the 3DS when they're finished!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.