By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:

Where do you discuss how much more powerful they will be compared to each other? is it in the following pages perhaps?

Well, that's intended to be derived from the data in the 1st and 2nd post. I only mention that I believe they'll all be close enough that it won't really matter. The biggest differences will be in controls, UI, and first party software (preference). I think 3rd party games will be on all three and pretty much the same game with the exception of controls for Wii U.

What I fear right now is that WiiU will get 3rd party support for the first 2-3 years before it drains... And that would be as an effect of PS720 will be able to run UE4 and WiiU won't... Is that totally uncalled for?

That won't happen as Wii U won't be Wii. It won't be a massive difference in technology to its rivals.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:

Where do you discuss how much more powerful they will be compared to each other? is it in the following pages perhaps?

Well, that's intended to be derived from the data in the 1st and 2nd post. I only mention that I believe they'll all be close enough that it won't really matter. The biggest differences will be in controls, UI, and first party software (preference). I think 3rd party games will be on all three and pretty much the same game with the exception of controls for Wii U.

What I fear right now is that WiiU will get 3rd party support for the first 2-3 years before it drains... And that would be as an effect of PS720 will be able to run UE4 and WiiU won't... Is that totally uncalled for?

That won't happen as Wii U won't be Wii. It won't be a massive difference in technology to its rivals.

Just hypotheticly: what if PS720 would b able to run UE4, and WiiU wouldn't - do you think that would hurt WiiU?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:

Just hypotheticly: what if PS720 would b able to run UE4, and WiiU wouldn't - do you think that would hurt WiiU?

Yes, definitely. It wouldn't get 3rd party support in a few years once major companies shift up to UE4. But, I don't think it will be the case. I think UE4 will be supported on Wii U.

superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:

Yes, definitely. It wouldn't get 3rd party support in a few years once major companies shift up to UE4. But, I don't think it will be the case. I think UE4 will be supported on Wii U.

But thus far I haven't really read anything that supports that opinion... The only good thing I've read is that Epis has officially said that they've just announced that it'll work on PCs...

DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:

But thus far I haven't really read anything that supports that opinion... The only good thing I've read is that Epis has officially said that they've just announced that it'll work on PCs...

There are the statements that Nintendo beefed up the Wii U in the rev5 and probable final version specifically so it could handle UE4.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:

There are the statements that Nintendo beefed up the Wii U in the rev5 and probable final version specifically so it could handle UE4.

Come e3 and we shall find out =)

DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:

Come e3 and we shall find out =)

definitely... one week!

DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:

Take it with all precautions... but. Epic didn't hesitate one second during Wii's life to call it obsolete or weak. They claimed that it was impossible for it to run the UE3 engine and that they would bother trying. Yet this time they have responded, and quite fast, to the rumor of WiiU not suporting UE4 with a statement negating that.

Why have they done it?

Please, remember that we are just speculating so it could be that they are just helping Nintendo with other things and don't want to piss them with that news before necessary.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Well if, according to rumors, that all three will have roughly the same power. (And with the the GPUs on the system being from what I heard the same family of architecture) if the engine can run on one it will be able to run on all. I mean they took the time to trim down UE3 so that it would work on iOS enabled devices, I think they can and will make it so UE4 will work on all three consoles.

JEMC said:
DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:

Take it with all precautions... but. Epic didn't hesitate one second during Wii's life to call it obsolete or weak. They claimed that it was impossible for it to run the UE3 engine and that they would bother trying. Yet this time they have responded, and quite fast, to the rumor of WiiU not suporting UE4 with a statement negating that.

Why have they done it?

Please, remember that we are just speculating so it could be that they are just helping Nintendo with other things and don't want to piss them with that news before necessary.

Hope you're right! I don't wanna see WiiU being the only console that can't run UE4 :P