By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
DanneSandin said:
NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:
NintendoPie said:
Totaldemon said:
nintendo es doomed the week before E3 :( UE4 and now Metro lol

It's doomed because of what? I don't see anything that could doom it.

It's cuz you're too young and innocent NinPie: Nintendo is always doomed ;)

Me being young/innocent has nothing to do with anything.

Oh, how sweet and innocent you are =) you being young has everything to do with the lack of body hair you're suffering from - but rest asured; it'll start growing soon! And it'll never stop... You'll get it under your nose, IN your nose, in your EARS, on your back... and places we shouldn't mention ;)

Umm... I don't know where you are trying to go with this. Your conversation has made no sense.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Rumor: Another round of specific details on Wii U specs

- based on the IBM 710 Express chip
- underclocked at 3 GHz
- comes with 4 cores and 8 threads
- 20X faster than the chip found in the Wii
- made by IBM and is based on their POWER 7 architecture
- built on 45nm
- the standard has 6 cores and runs at speeds of up to 3.7 GHz
- 710 Express chip can also execute 4 threads per core at the same
- Nintendo has scaled this down for Wii U
- threads per core will go down from 4 to 2
- roughly “around 50% more powerful than current gen systems”

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=178080#shine

Can some one please explain to me what all of this measn? =P I'm not a teachy ^^

See my sig... follow the comparison link and see the exact numbers.

To me the line of it only being 50% more powerful than current gen (PS360) is really wrong.

How much more powerful do you think it'll be then?

3x to 5x PS360, while their successors will be 5x to 8x.

Check my thread, you may find it really good.

NEXT-GEN COMPARISON THREAD

NintendoPie said:

Umm... I don't know where you are trying to go with this. Your conversation has made no sense.

No worries, I'm just busting your ballz! No go in to the mafia thread and tear it up!!! ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:

I'm visiting your thread from time to time, but I never mount the courage to plow through the whole thing :P would 2X = 50%? I've seen all these numbers been thrown around, but can't really figure it out...

DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:

I'm visiting your thread from time to time, but I never mount the courage to plow through the whole thing :P would 2X = 50%? I've seen all these numbers been thrown around, but can't really figure it out...

I'd think 50% would equal 1.5x. 2x = 100%, etc.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:

aaa ok, cuz just 1.5X the power ain't gonna cut it for me :P

Do you update something on the first page with the latest rumors and stuff, discussing their relative power compared to each other?

DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:

Do you update something on the first page with the latest rumors and stuff, discussing their relative power compared to each other?

Yes, based on the date in the title, I always keep the tables up to date. The first post is overall general and the 2nd post is more detail.

superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:

Yes, based on the date in the title, I always keep the tables up to date. The first post is overall general and the 2nd post is more detail.

Where do you discuss how much more powerful they will be compared to each other? is it in the following pages perhaps?

DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:
superchunk said:

Where do you discuss how much more powerful they will be compared to each other? is it in the following pages perhaps?

Well, that's intended to be derived from the data in the 1st and 2nd post. I only mention that I believe they'll all be close enough that it won't really matter. The biggest differences will be in controls, UI, and first party software (preference). I think 3rd party games will be on all three and pretty much the same game with the exception of controls for Wii U.

superchunk said:
DanneSandin said:

Well, that's intended to be derived from the data in the 1st and 2nd post. I only mention that I believe they'll all be close enough that it won't really matter. The biggest differences will be in controls, UI, and first party software (preference). I think 3rd party games will be on all three and pretty much the same game with the exception of controls for Wii U.

What I fear right now is that WiiU will get 3rd party support for the first 2-3 years before it drains... And that would be as an effect of PS720 will be able to run UE4 and WiiU won't... Is that totally uncalled for?