By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Top 5 Singer/Band

Hmm. As leatherhat says it depends on the mood. Now I would say:

1-Queen/Freddie Mercury 
2-The Cranberries
3-Depeche Mode

4-Coldplay
5-GreenDay

Queen, Cranberries and Depeche Mode will always be in the top 5, the other 2 change between those and others like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Muse, Radiohead, Weezer, David Grey, Fito y los Fitipaldis, ...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

1. Ozzy Osbourne
2. Black Sabbath
3. Metallica
4. Nirvana
5. Van Halen

I don't put my singers and bands together or compare the two in my train of thought.

Bands:
1. Coldplay
2. No Doubt
3. Black Eyed Peas
4. ABBA
5. Queens

Singers with a solo career: This is hard for me to pick because I like few songs from many artist but these are the ones that have consistent stand in my playlist over the last ten years I have used a "playlist"
1. Bob Dylan
2. Bon Jovi
3. Lady Gaga
4. John Lennon
5. Aretha Franklin

A top 5 is impossible so I'll try a top 10. I've listened to the following artists the most on my iPod:

-Madonna
-Cyndi Lauper
-Prince
-GreenDay
-Chaka Khan
-INXS
-Pet Shop Boys
-Alanis Morissette
-Mavis Staples
-U2

I won't limit myself to 5 but for my all-time favorites I'd have to go:

- Madonna
- No Doubt
- Muse
- Metric
- Nelly Furtado
- P!nk

Recently, the artists I listen to the most are :

- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Scissor Sisters
- Adele
- Florence + the Machine
- Foster the People
- Madonna
- Metric

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Hmm...I know my number 1 but 2-5 will be difficult to determine.

1 - Celine Dion

2 - Shania Twain

3 - Janet Jackson / Whitney Houston / Mariah Carey

4 - Reba McEntire / Martina McBride

5 - Madonna

As you can tell I love my Divas .

1. Lady Gaga
2. Aerosmith
3. Avenged Sevenfold
4. Shinedown
5. The Rolling Stones

Smashing Pumpkins
Pearl Jam
System of a Down
The White Stripes
The Knife

TruckOSaurus said:
I won't limit myself to 5 but for my all-time favorites I'd have to go:

- Madonna
- No Doubt
- Muse
- Metric
- Nelly Furtado
- P!nk

Recently, the artists I listen to the most are :

- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Scissor Sisters
- Adele
- Florence + the Machine
- Foster the People
- Madonna
- Metric

Nice list, I'm not a massive fan of Pink or N.Furtado but I like them, and all the others apart from Foster the People I like a lot. I haven't heard of Foster the People but i'm gonna look into it now.

As for my top 5, I don't know if i could choose that easily but I'll have a go... Ok, gonna go through my Spotify list and pick out the artists that stand out enough (generally I will have at least 5 of their songs I listen to regularly, and probably like more of their songs too)

Aerosmith, Basement Jaxx, Blondie, Bob Marley, The Cardigans, The Ghemical Brothers, Coldplay, The Cranberries, The Darkness, David Bowie, Elbow, Elvis Costello, A Fine Frenzy, Florence & the Machine, Goldfrapp, Gorillaz, Hot Chip, Kylie Minogue, Ladyhawke, Lana Del Ray, Led Zeppelin, Leftfield, Madonna, Massive Attack, Metric, Michael Jackson, Moby, Muse, No Doubt, Pink Floyd, Pomplamoose, Queen, Radiohead, The Rolling Stones, Royksopp, Scissor Sisters, The White Stripes, The Who, The XX, Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Ok, If I were forced to narrow that down to 10.... err, Goldfrapp, Hot Chip, Kylie Minogue, Led Zeppelin, Massive Attack, Muse, Queen, Radiohead, Royksopp, Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

And finally down to 5:
- Goldfrapp
- Led Zeppelin
- Massive Attack
- Muse
- Royksopp

Led Zeppelin
Deep Purple/Black Sabbath (there's a bit of a tie here)
Bob Dylan
The Beatles
Elvis Presley/The Rolling Stones (another tie!)

If I only could listen to these artists/bands for the rest of my life I wouldn't complain! You could always throw in Bruce Springsteen as well...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.