By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo WiiU gives U a reality check!

Umm guys sorry about any incoherence. It is difficult using my phone to post. Also if I go one sentence further I can't scroll back on my phone. This means I cannot correct any mistakes. I apologize but thought that this idea should be talked about.

As for things like the rear camera not yet announced. It is highly likely considering Nintendo's competitors are all over the AR thing. Also I was mainly talking about using the 3DS rear camera not the tablet in most cases.

As for the paragraph that did not make sense. I was talking about a possible use of software to mimic in a way Kinect. I know that with software Nintendo could use their 3DS camera for some motion control. I do not know what tech Nintendo would require in the 3DS camera to give it some Kinect like functionality. Though I have heard with the right software even a web can can be used for basic motion control.

This thread is and was all about using the 3DS in conjunction with WiiU. From using AR to 3D their are countless ways for Nintendo to use the 3DS in conjunction with WiiU.

As for 3D being dead lol. 3DS is selling like hot cakes and nobody I know plays in 2D on a regular basis. I have not turned off 3D since purchase. Most of my friends have never either and those that do do so after their eyes strain.

3D is amazing and while in the home glasses based 3D will disappear glasses free 3D will grow.

Also yes I was scared when Rol didn't recognize my mention of Ralph. But spell check man.

I am seriously getting pissed at how difficult posting on my phone is. I apologi

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Arrrggg another example my phone buzzed with an incoming call and suddenly I can't finish my post. Sorry please bare with me. This sucks ass!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Hey Joelcool. How come you can't make a thread? Can you but you don't want to or did they ban you from being able to make threads? I give you a hard time sometimes but overall I think you are decent person.  At least you try your hardest to explain whatever position you believe in. My humor a lot of the times on VGC makes me look like an ass but I am just trying to get people to laugh.

Anyways, some of your ideas sound decent in theory. I kind of liked "Using your 3DS you look over the main TV screen to see things pop off the screen in 3D. Image a game where the 3DS was used in conjunction with the WiiU software. But now maybe their secrets on the WiiU tablet as well. A game where two teams can compete. Each team with a 3DS and a tablet." idea if that is even possible.

However, I see so many possibilities with the Wii U controller itself that they don't really have to worry about adding too many 3DS - Wii U features at first. Sure some of this would be great to add later when both consoles have more sold. Kind of like the SD card channel and SDHC support that Nintendo released later in a patch for the Wii. It was probably needed at launch but at least they eventually added those key features to the Wii.