By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

Both of you are talking about Stefl way too much :s

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

1. It was moreno that was about to lynch. I tried to prevent a lynch but no one bother aside from linkz but in a different way. He said that the lynch won't happen. Now that I think of it. It's like he wants me to vote for moreno so moreno could be lynch already. This is the posts. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4450606 and http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4450626.  

Yup I agree with you. It's a useless vote in trying to prevent a mislynch from happening. 

2. I agree on this one. I don't have much activity. Blame that to my PS3.

3. I am already setting up my big post by re-reading the whole thread and from the other thread. Why don't want to recap it annd the chell cube scum combo?

4. The only conclusion is I am a scum and I want fucking mislynch. Great comeback. Can't even provide anything substantial and I want to buddy up with moreno when I even suspected him. Pretty disappointing. It seems you are on roadblock. Can't go anyting from there. Tsk.. Tsk..

Sooo let me ask you this. Can give me your thoughts on prof, Linkz, wonk and Rad? It seems you are so focus with me.

1.  "It was moreno that was about to lynch."  No, he was about to BE LYNCHED. 

My point is that you didn't "try to prevent a lynch" by actually defending him; rather, you tried to divert attention by attacking someone else.  If you thought moreno was innocent AND radish was guilty, you could have done both, but you didn't.  Therefore, your behavior was the same as the classic scum tactic of (clumsily) trying to prevent a scumbuddy's lynching without appearing to be defending them. 

Your radish vote was useless in terms of lynching radish because it wasn't going to happen, and useless in terms of defending moreno because IT'S NOT A DEFENSE OF MORENO. 

3.  Because it just fucking happened.  I didn't want to make my recap needlessly large; everybody should already be aware of your big posts, and they can easily reread them directly. 

1. Could you clear this up a bit? Are you saying Noctis was trying to prevent scumbuddy moreno's lynch without appearing to be defending them? moreno flipped town.

3. Is prof your mafia partner?

1.  Oh, ah, yes, silly me.  That's something I was thinking before the flip, I guess I was tired when I wrote that up.  I realize that's a really bad explanation but it's all I have. 

My other point stands. 

3.  Disregarding the loaded question fallacy, no.  Why would what I said suggest to you that prof's my scumbuddy? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:
The only thing keeping me from voting Noctis at this point is the feeling that prof is trying to egg me on to voting him without openly advocating it, which makes me leery.

But then again, why would scum-prof care about appearances? If he managed to get a mislynch on Noctis it would be game over, man, game over.

I may be voting Noctis with my next post, which may or may not be soon.

It seems like you/Noctis(at least that's my thoughts on the most likely scumteam) are being lynched today. And assuming there's a tomorrow then barring some info from the night, the other will meet the gallows then. scum-prof can sacrifice his buddy Noctis here if you're going to be tomorrow's mislynch.

Yes, but that wasn't my point.  Often, mafia are hesitant to push mislynches too visibly, since they are, after all, mislynches.  In this case a mislynch would end the game in his favor so a scum-prof wouldn't care about that. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Linkzmax said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
theprof00 said:

I'm sorry, I didn't know your name was FF.

Oh I am sorry I thought you guys are talking about me. Oh you guys are talking about noctis. Silly me. I really thought I was Noctis there for a second. My bad!  

Both of you stop being bad. Noctis you called me out for responding to part of a post that was directed at prof even though I was named in a group with him.

prof's right that FF should have answered the post, but getting others' thoughts on a matter is important too.

Sorry, I've read Noctis's posts but I guess I missed where he called me out on something that I didn't address.  I'll check that. 

Also, I really want to vote Noctis now but I kind of want to look at prof first which will take a while.  I was going to do it last night but I was busy. 

But (to answer Wonk's question) if I had to choose right now it would easily be Noctis. 

Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

I am already setting up my big post by re-reading the whole thread and from the other thread. Why don't want to recap it annd the chell cube scum combo?

Because it just fucking happened.  I didn't want to make my recap needlessly large; everybody should already be aware of your big posts, and they can easily reread them directly. 

Is prof your mafia partner?

Disregarding the loaded question fallacy, no.  Why would what I said suggest to you that prof's my scumbuddy? 

/facepalm  Oh, right, the Chell/cube theory.  Well, the fact remains that no. 

Honestly I've kind of been ignoring that theory because I know it's wrong, but I suppose I should speak up for the sake of everyone else.  Yes, I'm the "Talking Weighted Companion Cube", but no, I have absolutely no in-game relationship with (or mod-given knowledge of) Chell or anyone else, and in particular not mafia.  Vanilla town. 

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

2. Isn't this about the rolefishing? Did I already back it up with links I provided? If not then please elaborate since I have been responding with You, FF and Prof. It's hard talking with 3 of you at the same time with the 3 of you asking different question.  

5.  The language barrier is really killing me here. Anyways, Day 1 stefl is one of your suspect he was no. 1post, post, post and moreno replaced him and with how bad stefl  handled the situation. I think you are gonna vote for him since he was one of you suspects but if you were a scum seeing stefl confirmed he has a role then voting for stelf is a waste. Lynching him will not only garner attention  and it will be a miss oppurtunity to target another townie. Of course this not directed only to you but scums in here general. Maybe we have different views over with. It looks like I can't convince you that maybe one or two of the voters there sees an oppurtunity when you voted for baalz. I am town so in my perspective there will scummies in there. I tried to link the stefl and Baalz situation. The 3 of you that was involved in stefl and baalz.

5B I also don't want to limit myself to the three of you that's why opening up the possiblity of a chell and cube combo because unlike you I won't ever dismiss that Wonk is mafia even if I feel he is town. I want the others to know the possiblity of it. 

Your PS: My intention was from the start is to see how guys will react because stefl flipping town shattered all my theory about him so I am back to square 1. stefl was my primary suspect followed by Prof but since stefl flipped town I have to re-evaluate. I tried to get a response from you guys with my first post but obviously a lot of you ignored it then I started with my big post then I got what I want. A lot responses. 

My own PS: If you are a townie. Why am I not surprised that you think me as a scum. Oh yeah! You have bad habit of thinking I am always scum.  

If you are a scum. You want me dead more than anything else because I am very active right now.

2. Has this been about rolefishing?  Much of the time I am not sure what point you are trying to make anymore. What are you trying to convince people of?

5. Scum would rather lynch a town power than have to kill them themselves. Once the power is dead no possible night action left. Also It takes townies for there to be a lynch so it's not like all fingers point at scum.

5B. As for the Chell and Cube combo what does that have to do with me? I am not Chell. I am Caroline.

For stefls death making you thow all your theories out you sure have put a lot of effort into saying them again. Please explain why linkz would be the one to have your vote now if you had to vote.

2. Yeah, It's Linkz insistent in asking why I thought Stefl is rolefishing when I already explained it million times already.

5. I haven't thought about that though. Thanks for an insightful post so it's re-evaulation time.

5B. You haven't claimed your name yet until now yes? Although you did mention you are not chell.

Yes, you are right, I am on a roadblock when day 3 comes or back to square 1. The only thing that was shattered was the Prof&stefl scum buddies theory that  I have so the prof's rolefishing theory I have is still a valid argument.

Maybe I put an effort into it because Linkz is insistent on that subject. He loves to explain to me on how Illogical my thought process was so maybe I got stuck on defending it and got suck in that stefl rolefishing debate. 

I posted the long post so I can get a responses from the 3 person that was invovled on lynching of baalz and why I think stefl was killed. This 3 responded to me and Linkz response's  IMO is the scummiest although that is not enough to vote for him. He just jump from my top 1.

Wonktonodi said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Linkzmax said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

EBWOP*

I forgot to add both linkz and wonks wants prof. dead at the start of day 3 phase.

Proof please? Oh right, you have none.

First off. Prof is one of your suspects and don't deny this one.

2nd your convo at the start of day 3

3rd. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4469604 Please don't tell me you don't have an intetion wanting us to vote for Prof with the qoutation below from you post and your convo with prof on the start of day 3. 

"(though if you think it's prof you should be voting him, right?)" by linkz.

As for wonks

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4469775.

1. You accuse us of wanting him dead at the start. Your evidence is. Linkz saying that if people think he's scum they should vote for him. Meaning you completely ignore is post where he says he thinks you and ff are the most likely scum pair. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4469588 two posts before the post you mention of him.

2. There is also your first post of the day http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4469640

So did that mean you "wanted prof dead" too? Or do you now realize how ridiculous what you are saying is?

If you have failed to notice at the start of day 3. Linkz is on attack mode with prof. It doesn't mean that much if he thinks FF and I are scum buddies. When he is putting his effort to make prof  a guilty scum. If he really doesn't want some people voting for him why did he even add that lines on the parenthesis?

I have a mixed feeling about him it doesn't = I want him dead. 

Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
theprof00 said:

I'm sorry, I didn't know your name was FF.

Oh I am sorry I thought you guys are talking about me. Oh you guys are talking about noctis. Silly me. I really thought I was Noctis there for a second. My bad!  

Both of you stop being bad. Noctis you called me out for responding to part of a post that was directed at prof even though I was named in a group with him.

prof's right that FF should have answered the post, but getting others' thoughts on a matter is important too.

Sorry, I've read Noctis's posts but I guess I missed where he called me out on something that I didn't address.  I'll check that. 

Also, I really want to vote Noctis now but I kind of want to look at prof first which will take a while.  I was going to do it last night but I was busy. 

But (to answer Wonk's question) if I had to choose right now it would easily be Noctis. 

OK, I see it's actually a post prof made replying to me that noctis mistakenly replied to (and which I didn't because I got distracted by Noctis).  So:

theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:
Right, so Noctis.

Day 1 he was absent for quite a while, then came back to congratulate Wonk (I think it was) on going after lurkers, which he freely admitted to being. Wonk shamed him into contributing a little more substantially. Then he disappeared again, only to randomly and uselessly vote radish when moreno/Baalz was in danger of being lynched. But as we all know, Baalz flipped innocent so I'm not sure of the significance there.

Day 2 he had a little activity. He asked radish and stefl about their claims, resulting in prof's gotcha post, and had an exchange with stefl who was making some very odd remarks at the time. Not much substance there that I noticed.

Day 3 he posted nothing other than "I have mixed feelings about prof" until he started making his big posts recent which I decline to recap.

The best case I could make against this is that it stinks of someone lying low, and then becoming active when he has a chance to push a mislynch for the win. He could have tried to take pressure off moreno to buddy up.

How about the amount of exchange he had with (was it spurge?).

He want on an awful lot back and forth as my votals show. Spurge thought noc was mafia based on his insistence, I thought it looked town.
Given what was going on, would you say it would be stupid for mafia to garner so much attention?

Then, his insistence that I'm rolefishing. Would you venture to call these "little annoances" desperate attempts?

Further, there is something I noticed above when I mentioned that it was odd that noc had not considered me and linkz as being a scum team given my behavior today. When I mentioned that it seemed scummy to not mention the possibility of a linkz/prof scum team, one of his next posts was an HoS on Linkz.

Not only that, but (while I am not a cop), there could be the case that I am a cop, or something cop like. Why would he neither theorize that I am mafia cavorting with a teammate, nor a cop who has cleared linkz? And why would he continue to go after me with such weak analysis?

If he was mafia, would you say it looks like a pretty lazy effort? I would.

1.  When I was looking at Noctis's posts with spurge, the impression that I got was that while Noctis acquitted himself well, it didn't take spurge long at all to go completely -- well, maybe halfway -- insane.  My theory is that Noctis felt pressured by Wonk to contribute, and spurge was kind enough to give Noctis plenty of fuel for conversation without Noctis having to actually do much scumhunting.  And then Noctis disappeared again. 

2.  Now that it's potentially the last day, Noctis (in my theory) is feeling his oats and wants to build a case against someone and get them lynched.  I don't know about "desperate attempts". 

3.  If he was mafia, why would he want to frame you as a cop?  And hasn't he been promulgating theories about you and a mafia partner? 

radishhead said:
Both of you are talking about Stefl way too much :s

Aaaand anything else?

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Linkzmax said:

A. If you want radish to post more, great, so do I. There will be no considering a mafia mason in this game though. But why are you so concerned with how you'll look for it?

3. If prof is cop, then how could Stefl's joke theory be valid? prof is Chell, or at least claims to be and Wonk claims he is not Chell. And what are you talking about with "imagine 1 human, 1 other and 1 machine?" You realize that would group you, Wonk, and FF together as scum... not to mention the game would be over already.

4. The bold is an outright lie. I haven't tried to push a lynch at all today, in fact I've been cautioning against rushing one. What should I be talking about myself for? Or do you mean I haven't said much about Wonk, in case I'd ask you why should I be trying to hunt scum in someone I think is town?

Speak when spoken too. Lol!

A. I said it's a wild theory right? so according to you the chances of that happening is zero?

As for the last question. My experience here. When meta players gathers around I got lynch. When I brought up a theories like that.

3. Human(wonk), other(FF) and machine(me). If he is the cop. I theorize that the chell and cube combo might be valid. Key words might.

4. Right now maybe is not the right term but you love a lynch instead of a no-lynch. 

And how many times you got burned by that mindset? Just like you think Rad is town every single game although I have an idea on why are doing that but that is not the issue right now and it is a discussion for another time. 

The chances of it happening are so insignificant that it's not worth pursuing.

prof claims chell, so how could he be the cop and also part of the scumteam?

No lynches rarely provide as much information as a lynch.

I don't think radish is town every single game: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4398555 which was just last game, and shocker I was right about him then too. I have been burned once by radish, when I was reaching to see his tells. That isn't going to be the case here, I'd bet anything on it.