By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

theprof00 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
theprof00 said:
Well, that got results.

unvote noctis

I am taking my vote off in order to let things settle down a bit, while I digest this post.

Don't flatter yourself. I am doing it for hours already

you mean days?

What are either of you talking about?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
your strong ability is your weakness here noc
The last several games you've really impressed me with your ability to just pick out the mafia. This game, I don't think you're on any.

About FF, can you give a better explanation about why he is in that list? He appears sandwiched in, neither affected by recency or primacy, and his blurb is much shorter than mine or Linkz'. The end doesn't even look like a proper suspicion. It looks more like you are completely on the fence.

This is odd to say, unless you're warming up to the idea of a Wonk&Noc scumteam.(You still never answered why you didn't consider that an option)

Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
theprof00 said:
Well, that got results.

unvote noctis

I am taking my vote off in order to let things settle down a bit, while I digest this post.

Don't flatter yourself. I am doing it for hours already

you mean days?

What are either of you talking about?

prof votes noctic

a few hours latter noctis makes the post

prof unvotes and takes credit for the post noctis makes

noctis says he was working on it for hours before that

prof says days poking fun since noctis hasn't posted much in more than just hours

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Linkzmax said:

Okay, where the hell is everyone? Scum isn't going to lynch themselves.

Still don't trust Stefl entirely, but I'm willing to give him another day and see what comes of it.

prof is the only other beacon of activity, so I'd rather not risk the mislynch without more solid evidence.

The back and forth I had with Wonk day one had me leaning town, but I don't like how he's said nothing of substance today and twice not delivered on follow ups.
here and here

I'm more suspicious of Baalz though. Four days ago he said he had no opinions and may have to re-read the thread. He still doesn't have any strong feelings about anyone. I'd expect that from a few players, but Baalz is not one of them. I want to hear some thoughts.

Vote: Baalzamon

I need to address this one with a seperate post. 

First off A convo between Stefl and Rad then you voted for Baalz after that you qouted Rad. Do I see some connection in there??  

What connection are you alluding to? Or are you just throwing whatever you can together and hoping someone will make it stick?

If you want an actual response, be direct.

Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:
your strong ability is your weakness here noc
The last several games you've really impressed me with your ability to just pick out the mafia. This game, I don't think you're on any.

About FF, can you give a better explanation about why he is in that list? He appears sandwiched in, neither affected by recency or primacy, and his blurb is much shorter than mine or Linkz'. The end doesn't even look like a proper suspicion. It looks more like you are completely on the fence.

This is odd to say, unless you're warming up to the idea of a Wonk&Noc scumteam.(You still never answered why you didn't consider that an option)

His main candidates appear to be you and I, which I asked about in his post where both of our paragraphs are a bunch of links and writing, and ff's is like a tiny blurb, and then an "I don't know" at the end (paraphrased). I don't think I've seen him go after wonk at all either, maybe a bit...but I'm pretty sure he's riding the wave toward me. That's what I get. I honestly feel the most pressure from him and ff. Despite yours and wonk's suspicions, which I dunno, just don't seem very "serious".

Which brings me to my point that wonk's allegations, I'm sorry to say, but the reason why I also am not worried about wonk is that his posts are just bitchy. I'm not sure what it is but when he's town he seems to be a real bitch. I would think that he'd be a little more passive or at least least pokey as mafia. I dunno, he just seems like one of those little angry dogs that barks all the time. :D That makes me think he's town.

So, I mean, I am kinda flipping back and forth on him, it's a tough call so I defer to someone who can pick somethign out, but I don't feel like there will be anything to pick out because I don't think he's scum.

Yaknow, I am having a little toruble trusting radish though. He's starting to bother me, and it looks like trucks went with the "fuck with town" script with the paranoid cop. But, yeah, he'd be the last person I lynch anyway.

So, there you ahve it. I don't really have anything on ff, aside from his willingess to jump on me at the start of the day with some deomnizing (rightly deserved of course), and noc...well, noc seems to be playing alright, but I cleared him mostly because of how much attention he brought himself against spurge (?), and I thought nobody would do that, but he's a noob so it could have been a mistake.

Lastly, despite me "clearing" you, neither have even formulated the idea that youa nd I could be mafia, which seems like they're not thinking like paranoid townies should...

That's my two cents. Also I've had three beers, so forgive me for spelling and disconnected thoughts.

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:

I want to discuss the Stefl scenario that happened on day 2. He said he was blocked. The reason I want to discuss this I am pretty sure that 1 or 2 out of the 3 is a scum. 3 people had convo with stefl about this if you include me that's 4. The thing that  strikes me is stefl turn out town. TBH I am thinking Stefl is a scum because I really thought he was rolefishing. I am thining of Stefl & prof because of this, but since Stefl turn out town I think mafia are hesitant to address this. A mafia roleblocker? or maybe they are hunting for more roles? IDK and waited for some townie to qoute it. TBH with links, wonk and Prof in here. I didn't get why they let this post slip by. It's also one of the first few post IIRC and one of the interesting post I might say. This one of the rare moments I miss Hatz in here. He won't let this post slip by regardless of his faction. 

Anyways, just like I said there are 3 people but I will start with Prof.

1. Prof

Rolefishing again?? And the responses of Stefl and this. I think prof succeded in fishing a role in here.

And the response of Prof. I think he is rolefishing again with the last paragraph and A thing I notice as well  is the Capitalized "WERE" from "Or maybe you WERE blocked by a jailkeeper" Maybe I am reading too much into it but I think if prof is a mafia he is hinting it to his buddy that we have a jailkeeper here.

And stefl qouted him again. And he also answered FF aswell.

2. FF

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4460261 and http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4460263 and http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4462138 wich stefl qouted and linkz qouted it.

With FF responses in here. I think he is trying to clear Linkz in here.

3. Linkz

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4460727, With stefl's response

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4462715,

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4462745  and stefl responded with

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4462784 and stefl responded with 

With this questioning if you are townie, I expected you to vote for stefl since Stefl already confirmed he has a role lynching him would be a waste and I don't buy that you want to give Stefl a chance and to see how it goes and voting for Baalz.

TBH I am surprised that 3 of you didn't even vote for stefl and with the 3 of you voted for Baalz.

Fixed for clarity (Links). It seems I screwed up a little because I have a plenty of tabs when I made that post.

Linkzmax said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

I need to address this one with a seperate post. 

First off A convo between Stefl and Rad then you voted for Baalz after that you qouted Rad. Do I see some connection in there??  

What connection are you alluding to? Or are you just throwing whatever you can together and hoping someone will make it stick?

If you want an actual response, be direct.

Aside from you. Baalz is Rad's other suspicion. You voted for Baalz and then you qouted him saying stuff like. I don't want to lynch bec. of your stubborness. It feels to me you are asking him to unvote and vote for baalz instead. Seeing you have a vote for baalz.

Linkzmax said:

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard catching up in a thread. Thank you

I love your numbers! If you're town then from your perspectice, radish is town and that means either Wonk is scum with 1 of the three of us, or 2 of the three of us are scum. AMAZING deduction.

1. Stefl claimed he was blocked and you thought he was rolefishing? Only a roleblocker/jailkeeper would know if they targeted Stefl, so why would scum Stefl announce to a town RB/JK that they chose well?

2. I didn't like prof in most of that discussion. He seemed opportunistic when you asked about Stefl's first post of the day, and he's obviously trying to figure out roles. Guess what though, the same can be said about you asking Stefl in the first place. Or does this not qualify as rolefishing?

What is the "this" that you think mafia were hesitant to address? If you're refering to the original post by Stefl, then I'm never one to talk about power slips/hints until it's an open topic. It's the kind of information that I think only benefits scum. Do you wish hat was here so that you wouldn't have had to be the one to ask about the post?

3. Prof:

That isn't rolefishing. The second link is the same as the first... What is your point with the third link? Stefl hinted at power with his first post, so if prof is scum that was all he needed in regards to Stefl.

That isn't rolefishing at all. And it'd be a insanely stupid hint at a scummate that a town RB/JK exists. Scum would know Stefl is town and if they didn't block Stefl, which means they already know if a town RB/JK exists.

Your last link leads me nowhere, because my pages don't have the same number of posts as yours.

4. FF:

I think FF's latest response sums it up best. In the end, Stefl's case was that he was blocked and it's a null tell as to my alignment... What defense is needed? Again you have a link that leads me nowhere due to settings.

5. Me:

Okay, in the first link I made a mistake on one line. It should be "I liked the post too, to use your words it's a bit crazy and made me think not scum, which is why I haven't been after you." The original line made no sense or clearly I should have pressed Stefl more. 

The line of questioning isn't an attack on Stefl though. It's clearly trying to understand Stefl's thought process as well as explain my own, and by the end of it he's not my top suspect anymore. You expect me(or others for that matter) to vote to lynch claimed power BECAUSE it would be a waste. What the hell!?

1.  Yes, because I thought Stefl and Prof are scum buddies. I think Prof is rolefishing when he qouted me. "why did you vist stefl" by prof. I assumed that both of these guys are rolefishing and making a fake convo. Not only that Stefl's convo with spurgehttp://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4441118http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4441173. I felt spurge kinda slip without realizing it. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4441200

Followed up by stefl, http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4441227. Spurge is a Town-mason.

There also this instance that Stefl had a convo with Rad. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4453222. This was the whole reason I think Stefl is rolefishing.

but stefl flipping town makes my theory null  about prof&stefl being scum buddies.

Although I still feel Prof was rolefishing when he qouted me. That's why one of my earlier post on day 3. I posted that I have a mix feeling with Prof.

As for 2nd sentence/question.

Obviously he doesn't know who blocked him but he knows he was blocked. He was the paranoid cop afterall.

2. See no. 1. I know that risk very well so if somebody accuse me of rolefishing I am already prepared to post what I posted in no. 1 on my thoughts on stefl becasue at that time I really think he was role fishing. The thoughts running from my mind at that moment was Stefl gets away with rolefishing with spurge that flipped town mason and I think he is doing it again with that random post.

3. First off I fixed the links already so sorry for the little confusion.

Just like in I said in number 1. I feel the prof was rolefishing when he qouted me. He also wants to know who is the other mason

And when Prof is posting something like this. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4469665. I really can't shake off the feeling he is rolefishing. I also don't need you or someone aside from prof explaining things on why he is doing it. You'll just comes off the person defending him and makes you look even more suspicious.

4. I already fixed it.

5. As for last sentences. I think the last sentence was a mess and I didn't explain it clearly. If you are a townie,  the way you are responding to stefl IMO. You are ready to vote for him but you didn't and opted for baalz so if you are a scum or other scum voting for stefl is a waste and if the scum is still looking for a power role it's best to divert attention to the other townie. Just my 2 cents.

Anyway, the purpose of it was to see how you guys will react and so far with how you respond I think I got what I want. With my experience playing with you especially in the practice round before you become very hostile towards me when I getting close in figuring you out. Every chance you get you are turning me down with attacks and making me look bad. 

HoS Linkz

Anyways, this post by FF is really intriguing. Hmmm...
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4440193
It looks he regrets claiming other.

Vote: Final fan
of my suspects he's doing the least to show he's town