By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

And if there's no kill and is blocked, well, they just proved our point.

Around the Network

I'll just sleep and I'll go back to this thread later on because I can think properly when I am very sleepy.

Votals

Votes for:

Final-Fan: theprof00

Non-voters: Final-Fan, Linkzmax, NoCtiS_NoX, Wonktonodi, radishhead

Player L-3 L-2 L-1 Testing chamber time
Final-Fan
 theprof00      

Chronology:

theprof00               votes for           Final-Fan

Signature goes here!

NoCtiS_NoX said:
I'll just sleep and I'll go back to this thread later on because I can think properly when I am very sleepy.

you better have a lot to say when you get back

Wonktonodi said:
Final-Fan said:

I don't see what's so bad about No Lynching; it's all but unimaginable at this point that there could be two nightkills, so it wouldn't hurt, even if it might not do any good either. 

and if they take out radish this time where would we be?

Same place we are now, pretty much.  With 6 alive, we need 4 to lynch, yes?  Assuming 2 mafia, we need a unanimous town vote if they refuse to lynch their own.  If we No Lynch and radish (or whoever) dies, we will have 5 alive, needing 3 to lynch, or a unanimous town vote if they refuse to lynch their own. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:

I don't see what's so bad about No Lynching; it's all but unimaginable at this point that there could be two nightkills, so it wouldn't hurt, even if it might not do any good either. 

So let's lynch noc then. What do you say?

I say, please convince me that lynching is better than No Lynching today.  It seems to me that there could potentially be protown roles gathering information if we delay a night, not to mention narrowing the suspect pool (although not really if radish dies, and not at all if there's a doc who protects successfully), and very little risk IMO of TWO nightkills and game over. 

What say you? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

*I'm not saying the doc, if any, should sit back and not try to save someone!

theprof00 said:

I'm fairly confident that you're town given your gameplay so far. You are a distant third to noc and ff in my opinion. And yes, that was a theory proven false. Oh well, that's how mafia works. You make theories, not all of them pan out. I thought Linkz was mafia earlier on and theorized that he was using my momentums to push mislynches which would simply make me look bad in the end (case in point, with your accusations), that theory I believe is also wrong. He simply saw what I saw. That is my new theory. My new theory is that he felt as strongly as I did about those people and that's singularly why he also pushed for them.

I mean, just ask [FF and Noc] who their suspects are! I'm fine with lynching either one of them. I mean, the only other option is no lynching and allowing them to narrow down the field for us, which is risky.

I'll admit I looked more into moreno in part due to points you brought about, but I think I'm still alone in thinking the things he said made no sense given his role. And by the end you weren't even on the lynch. Also, I don't remember you saying anything about Baal though until after me. So I don't see how I could use your momentum against you there. That does give some perspective on why you're less suspiciuos of me, so thanks for clearing that up.

There's been more talk about no lynching since this post, but what did you think was risky about it?

Wonktonodi said:
prof I will give you more details as to why you are over the other two after I get up tomorrow. I will hopefully also explain what I see as difference between you and linkz

Is this still going to happen?

Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:

So let's lynch noc then. What do you say?

I say, please convince me that lynching is better than No Lynching today.  It seems to me that there could potentially be protown roles gathering information if we delay a night, not to mention narrowing the suspect pool (although not really if radish dies, and not at all if there's a doc who protects successfully), and very little risk IMO of TWO nightkills and game over. 

What say you? 

With masons and a cop,(even if paranoid) I doubt there's any more investigative roles. radish is very unlikely to die, because any protection worth their salt will target him. Likewise, mafia aren't going to help us by lowering the suspect pool, so it's either radish dies or no kill. If there was a doc then a no-kill night while targeting not-radish would almost be as good as a town scan, but that's very improbable. I do agree that with two nights of just one kill, a double kill night carries little risk of occuring. Only way I'd see that as possible is if there's a vig still holding their shot, and they would probably hit scum at this point.

So I think chances are a No Lynch would just put us back where we are today, or worst-case with one less "confirmed" towny to make it harder for mafia to control the lynch. I'm not opposed to it, but I don't think it will be beneficial either.