By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

Hummm... Okay... I kinda think I should rejudge wonk, he is a good player and made himself invisible to me with his whole flavour hunt at the beginning... tough I don't really think that he would take a flavour gamble when he is scum... at least if he is not 100% sure that its not a gamble... (like having a machine/other partner(since he claimed human)) also I don't believe that scum would claim with their question, but would rather wait for others to claim and then claim whatever appears save to them. When he pressured noctis it didn't look like he knew what his allignment could be... same goes for targeting other lurkers, tough that also could be a good scum tactic used by a good player... so well... I really don't think wonk is scum...

I will look at voting pattern that are going to cascade towards the end of the day and then cast my final vote, but for now I am going to change my vote so:

unvote
Vote: Prof

His lack of aggresivity is quite disturbing, I didn't go back to reread his posts, but I don't really think he behaves like ussual, also I think he was one of the major contributors so far, so it hurts me to choose him as my prefered target, but I think it is the wisest decision for now.

Around the Network

unvote: Linkz
vote: Baalz

Linkz is looking fairly town-aligned for me atm, but I don't like the way that Baalz has moved into the background a bit- he took over from a suspicious player, and has done little, if anything, to convince me that he's town

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I agree with radish.
I hate to make someone come in and read several hundred posts, only to become sick.. but I mean if anything, we should at least press a defense out of him.

FF would be my second choice, for being too amicable and seemingly not drawing any attention at all.

unvote
vote: Baal

To be honest, I buy Baalz's story, but it hardly precludes the possibility that he's also scum, and I don't think a second substitution is in the cards, so lynching a person who's going to be out of commission indefinitely is pretty much the best possible mislynch if we're wrong.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

theprof00 said:
I agree with radish.
I hate to make someone come in and read several hundred posts, only to become sick.. but I mean if anything, we should at least press a defense out of him.

FF would be my second choice, for being too amicable and seemingly not drawing any attention at all.

unvote

Why aren't you addressing and ignoring stefl's vote for you??

Around the Network

Hard to address something and ignore it at the same time

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

NoCtiS_NoX said:
theprof00 said:
I agree with radish.

unvote

Why aren't you addressing and ignoring stefl's vote for you??

I already did.

He's mostly suspicious of me for being less aggressive towards him, even though I've plainly said that he's the strongest town read. I haven't gone as far as pointing out exactly how I feel that way, but I think it's fairly obvious that he's town. Meanwhile, I've been aggressive towards several other players, so he can only really be talking about himself. I get the feeling that he's only seeing that I'm correctly assessing his alignment, and is confused as to how I can be doing so.

I don't really have an explanation for him, so, he can do what he wants. Furthermore, I share his suspicions, or should I say, he shared all of mine, so at the end of the day he's really just coming off as (no offense to him) clueless.

Additionally, his entire participation today made me very wary about him, and I didn't want to say anything because I know he's in paranoia mode, and he'll treat it as me backpedalling in the face of suspicion. However, everythign from his wanton claim to his really just strange (and self-centered) suspicions of me today made me re-question whether he's simply being silly, or has a hidden agenda.

I don't even understand why he would put a vote on me when the liklihood of me being lynched today is just about nil. It seems like it's just a throwaway vote.

Stefl1504 said:
Hummm... Okay... I kinda think I should rejudge wonk, he is a good player and made himself invisible to me with his whole flavour hunt at the beginning... tough I don't really think that he would take a flavour gamble when he is scum... at least if he is not 100% sure that its not a gamble... (like having a machine/other partner(since he claimed human)) also I don't believe that scum would claim with their question, but would rather wait for others to claim and then claim whatever appears save to them. When he pressured noctis it didn't look like he knew what his allignment could be... same goes for targeting other lurkers, tough that also could be a good scum tactic used by a good player... so well... I really don't think wonk is scum...

I will look at voting pattern that are going to cascade towards the end of the day and then cast my final vote, but for now I am going to change my vote so:

unvote
Vote: Prof

His lack of aggresivity is quite disturbing, I didn't go back to reread his posts, but I don't really think he behaves like ussual, also I think he was one of the major contributors so far, so it hurts me to choose him as my prefered target, but I think it is the wisest decision for now.

This whole post is just "What?!"... I guess you're not giving Wonk enough credit? And what happened to not wanting to vote prof or I because we're major contributors?

Unvote: Baalz
I'll revote before the estimated 8pm EDT deadline, but I don't want to chance a hammer while there's still stuff to say.

@prof
I think Stefl means less aggressive in general, and I would say it's true. You haven't gone after anyone today. It's definitely different from your usual.

As for him sharing your supsicions, I believe you were one of his original suspects, which makes that an odd statement. And a revised list of his had Baalz and Wonk on it. Neither of which you mentioned suspicions of, and until recently with the quotals you had a town read on Wonk.

Anyway, I will agree that the vote isn't going to do anything today, but I like it better than a NL vote. At least this makes a statement.

Aren't I already hammered?

Also, how can voting for me push a defense out of me? I have nothing to defend. I replaced MG, read everything, then the day ended. I've been getting sicker since the beginning of Day 2, and haven't said much of anything, other than the fact that I haven't been able to reach further conclusions (most likely due to the fact that I haven't been able to put enough time towards the game).

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.